11/08/2012

Due

Today is my due date for baby #2. I had a little dream that she'd come early but I knew knew in the back of my mind that she was going to stay in there and go late just like her big sister.

This time around, though, it is so so different. With Josie, I was so impatient, swollen, and uncomfortable. I was miserable to be around and I knew it. I went into seclusion because I was convinced that I looked disgusting and nobody should have to deal with it. Granted, my face was a lot more swollen, so I really did look miserable, but really it was pretty childish.

As of now, I'm not swollen at all (thank you Jesus!!), I'm large and in charge in the belly area but it's not too miserable, and I'm feeling pretty good about going late. Sure, I can't wait to meet this little girl, but she'll be here soon no matter what. My prayers are for a strong and healthy baby and I don't care if it's today or next week. I want to so badly have her without being induced and I'm willing to wait for it. 

The midwife said that she is a good size and she shouldn't get too much bigger in just a week or so which is such a relief to me. She's confident that we will be able to wait and not be induced since she's not a huge baby.

Here's the best part. Last week I was so excited to have some time with Josie just one on one since things would change so much so soon. She was miserable, though, and we had a rough weak. Between teething, runny noses, adjusting from two naps to one, and general defiance, I felt like the whole week was a trial and we were not having fun. Thankfully, this week has seen a huge turn around and God has given me (and my poor little heart) the chance to truly enjoy our time together before those big changes come. My heart truly needed it, and I'm glad and so thankful to have it.


Here I am at 38.5 weeks. I kind of forgot about taking pictures, but remembered on a Sunday. Better than nothing, right?

38.5 weeks

And here I am now at 40 weeks. Feeling good, looking huge but not feeling too uncomfortable, and still smiling and leaving my house to be with real people. No seclusion here!

40 weeks




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

6 comments:

  1. You look great! She's going to be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel (+Johnny)11/08/2012

    Happy Due Date. Henry was late and at first I just wanted him out but once he was born and I compared him to all the other babies I knew (born after 37 weeks but before 40)...he was just so much more prepared for being in this world. He was just content. And I think it's because he took his time in the womb. So here's to a contented late baby for you! Can't wait to hear the good news. Love that you are so happy still!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely a bun in the oven:)  and a little more than a baby bump, but yes, you look good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie11/08/2012

    It won't be long! You are looking good :)  My last one was 5 days overdue...what happened to 2nd babies coming early?  I guess they didn't get the memo.  Can't wait to meet your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love your baby belly!!! You are sooo cute :) Can't wait to see what the little one looks like!!
    JenK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you both! You look great! And you are definitely glowing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete