10/04/2012

Picture recap + SNOW IN OCTOBER

This is what we woke up to this morning:

Amazing, right? It's October 4th, and it's snowing enough to stay on top of the grass instead of just melting as it hits the ground. I'm confident that it will melt away and we'll still have the Autumn weather, but man it makes it hard to not jump to Christmas mode when you see snow outside! This is the "nice" snow weather - it's actually above freezing at 39 degrees so it's not miserable out like it gets to be in January-March. Josie gets to wear her boots and winter coat today... first time! I need to remember to take a picture.

In my attempt to become a true baker, I volunteered to make cupcakes for my friend's surprise birthday party in honor of her hubby. It was a mustache party, so she gave me a few cookie stamps that were appropriate. I would have done a lot of things differently, like make the lips have a line down the middle, have the red be brighter (don't add black - no way to undo that!), and let the fondant dry out a little more. Generally though? They turned out good enough and tasted great. I still have a long ways to go before I'm ready to open a cupcake shop though.


A couple of weeks ago, Josie was playing with her butterfly wings that Auntie Lara found for her. She hadn't like wearing them, so I put them on Buckley (logical decision right?) She loved them after that and wouldn't take them off!


When Josie hangs out with Grandma, cousin Dean is usually there too (his daycare while his mama works). Jo has really started "playing" with him and it's so fun to watch! Grandma sent me this picture of them playing. Can you see the resemblance? There definitely is some Deyle in those kids!


And finally, my hubby is a duck hunter for the first time ever. He was so proud and we've been feasting on the delicacies ever since.





Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

6 comments:

  1. laughed aloud at josie wearing the wings AFTER Buckley!!  So impressed with the ducks, didn't know that was his first time!!!   And would love to watch the interaction of the 2 cousins playing.  Really wish I could sample the cupcakes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cupcakes look amazing. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a blizzard on Halloween last year in PA. Craziness. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 80. 
    Those cupcakes are awesome! I love mustaches - just not on myself. 
    Josie looks so old in that photo! She is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teacherpollock10/05/2012

    ohmyword SNOW?! so, so jealous! It's been in the mid-upper 80s this week with humidity through the roof. I'd trade with you in a heartbeat! 
    ps- those cupcakes are totally adorable! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/06/2012

    Those cupcakes are adorable!!! Good job :) keep posting pics of cupcakes u make, they are so fun to look at. Love the wings on Buckley...made me laugh!!
    JenK (I better start signing these posts this way instead of JenR haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teacherpollock10/22/2013

    ohmyword SNOW?! so, so jealous! It's been in the mid-upper 80s this week with humidity through the roof. I'd trade with you in a heartbeat! 
    ps- those cupcakes are totally adorable! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete