5/23/2012

Midweek Confessions



After we all got struck with the infamous flu this week, I've lost all motivation to do anything. Instead of just admitting to being lazy, I'd prefer to just blame it on my lack of strength from avoiding foods for a day and half.


Josie was up at 6:00 today. I hit hubby (sweet of me, right?) to go get her and all he did was give her a bottle so she continued to talk and scream and jump and dance because what she had really wanted was her diaper changed. I may or may not have let her do this for a good 45 minutes before going in there. Once I go in, I never can get back out without a wide awake babe in my arms!


We haven't had a real homecooked meal yet since I've started staying at home. I've been surprisingly busy, but the real reason is because the thought of starting to cook every single night completely overwhelms me. Just making this week's menu had me throwing in the towel. I used to be good at this once upon a time.


I'm getting a pedi/mani today and I'm going all by myself. I'm not above some pampering even though I'll have to endure the awkward "should I make small talk with the poor girl touching my feet or should I just pretend I'm totally engrossed in this magazine" moments.


I bought and plan to wear a preggo swimsuit this weekend and really hope my bump is big enough so that others know I'm pregnant and not just an awkwardly shaped beer bellied lady. I'm so vain...


Link up!

Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

3 comments:

  1. Ash @ The Pollock Potluck5/23/2012

    I LOVED my maternity bathing suit. Rock it girl. Beer guts are normally hanging out of string bikinis, so I think you're safe. :)
    PS- I feel you on the homecooked meal thing. I do make a meal plan every night, but 2-3 nights a week are things like "tuna wraps" or "BLTS"- meals I can do in 10 mins. It's still homecooked, so I don't feel bad! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenifer Fontenot5/23/2012

    Oh, I hate that stage where you're not sure people can tell if you are pregnant or putting on weight.  Try not to worry about it and just have fun. 
     
    Before you know it people will start telling you "you look like your fixing to pop" or  "are you sure you're not having twins?" ----Those two were my favorite!!
     
    Enjoy your mani/pedi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie5/23/2012

    hope the swim suit is tight cuz there's definitely a baby bump!  What is it about cooking supper that can seem so overwhelming?  Thank heavens for leftovers at my house. Your Josie is perfect, and if she's happy in the crib, it's a good place for her:)

    ReplyDelete