3/03/2014

A photo story with some unrelated words thrown in

The flu struck again! For real, it was an ugly weekend 'round here. Josie started this time around, I quickly followed, and hubby was next. Today, our lfb stayed home from school and we are all just quiet. and semi-calm (except one little take-every-towel-out-of-the-hall-closet-for-fun incident that happened this morning). Nap time rolled around, and they were all out like a light.

It's a strange Monday for sure. 

I have a ton of book work to do for the business and I really really don't want to do it. Tonight. Tonight I'll power through. 

For now, I'll procrastinate by writing this lovely little update. It's lovely, no?

And for fun, some pictures thrown in.

My bed, growing up, was built into the wall and had storage underneath. My sister and I played under here all the time as kids. My kids got to play with my sister under here too! Oh what fun.

The girls have decided that we wake up at 6:20. Hubby and I have decided that we reject that and every single morning, we put them back to bed hoping for 40 more minutes. For this reason, I am over-the-top excited for daylight savings time (this weekend!). I will trick them into sleeping in! Mom win!

Not a lot of space under the old twin bed.

The lovely flu helped me lose another 3 pounds. It's the silver lining. I'm taking it. I'm now officially at prepregnancy weight before Miss Audrey Joy. Finally. Now I'm shooting for prepregnancy weight before Miss Josie Grace. 10 more pounds to go for that!

Their love is real.

I took pictures of our living room to show you how finished and beautiful it is, and then decided to scrap the whole post. You see, as I was looking over the pictures, I noticed that the room is not, in fact, finished. We have since painted another wall, put in some built in cabinets, and put away some of the junk that was laid out around those lovely photos. What was I thinking, exactly, when I took those pictures? Who knows...

So I'll try again. Sometime. Maybe.

Now how to get out....

I decided to embrace the wintery cozy bluesfest that has been happening around here lately, and we've been watching movies under blankets like nobody's business. Unfortunately, I'm getting sick of it and winter is still not done. I'll spare you all of the whiny drama junk that we are all itching to wallow in, but ugh. I'm ready for greenery out these nice big windows. 

Sometimes I get lucky with a glimpse of her sweetness.

Josie has been ultra sweet lately. Less back talking (we've been working so hard on this), more first time obedience (at home and even better - out and about in public), sweet conversations, etc. Meanwhile, Audrey is embracing her inner toddler. In ways that Josie never did, she's embracing it. Her new favorite thing is smacking anyone and everyone within an arm's distance from her. She also knows how to scream. Loud. Lordy, this house is truly a circus.


And to finish this lovely (random) post up, here is a little preview of an average evening in our house (our lfb was here too, but cropped out for privacy).

Oh hey Mom! We're kind of busy over here if you don't mind.

Josie: Too cool for school these days (school=what everyone else is doing)

Uh oh. Audrey  noticed.
Audrey: Sister! How dare you read that book whilst we have this wonderful narrator over here.

Josie: Well,  I do like  Old McDonald...
Audrey for the win!
And goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment