4/16/2012

Living the Dream

I have some wonderful big news to share with you all. Starting on May 4th, I will be staying at home with Josie full time! I have three weeks left at work and can hardly even wait to start this new phase in life. She's at such a fun age - it seems like perfect timing. God's plan and timing is always perfect.


Big news number two! I will be starting a piano studio as well. So far, I have collected 3-4 students (which is wonderful and a true blessing) and would like to get at least 6-12 more by the end of summer. It will be in my home and will be on Tuesdays,Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the afternoons. It works so great because grandma will still get plenty of Josie time while I am giving lessons, and I will have a lot more time with Josie and our future children while still having something I'm so passionate (yes it's true - this is where my heart is even though I say I don't really know) about to keep my mind working hard.


Sometimes I get a little scared that I will be lonely or driven crazy by the routine or "sameness" feeling day in and day out, but just like any job there will be good days and bad and I am just being realistic by expressing these fears. The excitement more than wins out in the end. Of course there will be days when Josie is sick or crabby or fill-in-the-blank but then I remember that there will also be those days when I get to witness the big things and enjoy sweet moments I wouldn't get if I was working.


We're hoping that me being at home will take some pressure off of Mike since he has to help me so much when I am working full time. This will give him more time to focus on his business and do the quality work he is capable of (and has been doing). Yes, he'll be the breadwinner and there is always pressure and stress in that role, but God is good and we have faith. We are so thankful that this is something we can afford to do and are not taking that for granted. 


So you readers that are local - let me know if you are interested in lessons (adults or children!) or if you know someone that is.

Seriously though. Praise the Lord!


Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

5 comments:

  1. Madison has been asking about lessons and I have been praying for a teacher! Please email me info! jkoppelman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan Gibson4/16/2012

    This is so so awesome! Reading this gives me hope that God will eventually answer our prayers that I can stay home. I am so happy for you and your family! And if you live in PA - or we lived in ND - I would definitely take you up on some piano lessons. I took them when I was younger and have always wished I would have stuck with it. My mom plays and actually get scholarships for it! And if you ever find yourself getting lonely, feel free to drop me a line anytime! But I have a feeling that that sweet girl of your's will keep you plenty busy. Praisin' for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!  What a blessing to get to stay home.  That's a big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. samantha n4/17/2012

    So exciting!  There are those days like you said, but there are so many great things that they way out way it!  It is a true blessing!  So glad God is giving you this opportunity!
     

    ReplyDelete
  5. my traveling companion said her husband's Bible study says we should do all we can to enable our daughter s to stay home with their children - interesting, huh?

    ReplyDelete