8/06/2013

Josie says

And the role call begins. While looking at a sheet of paper, "Name? Momma Deyle (pronounced Dye-lee). Name? Audrey Deyle. Name? Momma Grace (her middle name, not mine). Name? Josie Deyle." It goes on and on and Audrey patiently sits on with big eyes and a belly laugh now and then (who knows what is so funny but it's contagious).


My dad decided to take out our recyclables (thank you, Dad) and asked Josie if she wanted to help him find the recyclables in the garage or stay here for just a moment. She replied, "I want to go and look for the moment." I wonder if she found it?


Josie's shoe slipped off on her heel one day as she was playing. When she asked me to help her, she said, "You will help me sweetie!" How kind of her to sweeten up her demands with a pet name for me.




Josie loooves to have her toenails painted. She will point at my toes and then point to hers and ask me to "paint her tonytails."

Josie and I are standing by the window, watching daddy get out of his truck and make his way inside. I tell Josie to say hi to him and she quietly says, "hi daddy." I tell her to say it louder so she says it at the same volume but an octave higher. I tell her again to say it louder, and this time she goes so high that my ears can barely hear it and the second half of daddy falls back down to normal speaking volumes except now its ridiculously loud. Of course the whole time, she's jumping and laughing and saying "Audrey's standing, Audrey's at the window, hi daddy, Audrey, daddy!"



You will hear this around our house often:
Josie: "I want cheese!" (or anything else, cheese is the most common though)
Me:
Josie: "I want cheese!"
Me:
Josie: "I wanna ask nicely!"
Me: "Ok... go ahead"
Josie: "Please??" (sickeningly sweet smile to go with it)Me: "May I..."
Josie: "May I have cheese pleeeease?"

I can't get enough of that girl. "I want to ask nicely!" Seriously!!





For your convenience, you can follow Living with Intention along by choosing one of these options:

1 comment:

  1. out of the mouth of babes, pricelss posting, thanks!

    ReplyDelete