5/17/2012

More details

So I make this big announcement and then I just leave you hanging! For days no less.


Things to know:
1. I'm 15 weeks along today which means I am in the 2nd trimester.
2. I was quite sick but hid it pretty well, hence the reason you all assumed I had an easy peasy 1st trimester. I was sick more in the evenings, so I could get through most of the day with a little nausea here and there, but by the time 7:00 rolled around you could count me out of all activities. Usually you'd find me on the couch downstairs clutching my stomach with a pillow to my chest while hubby was upstairs doing the whole bedtime/middle of the night routine by himself. I'm glad our marriage is strong because yikes that could have made things tough on that poor hard working man!
3. I found a different doctor and am much happier already. She's sweet, cares about how I'm doing and who I am, and promised me that she wouldn't let me go two weeks overdue again. I don't want to be induced, but I also don't want to push out another 9 1/2 lb baby. Sorry if that was a bit too much to picture.
4. We decided that I was going to stay at home before finding out we were expecting again. There were some hurdles to overcome, like insurance and a much tighter budget, but we really believe this is what the Lord wants and are willing to make sacrifices to make it work. I will get a part time job (barista maybe?) if need be when or if things get too tight.
5. Josie and Baby #2 will be 16 months apart. We know that is close together and no it wasn't planned, but once we get past the craziness stage of them both being babies, we think it's going to be great for them. Both of us have 4 years in between us and our siblings, so it'll be different than how we grew up, but hey we always joke that Josie didn't have any playmates in her life so we just decided to give her one ourselves!
6. As you probably got from point #5, this pregnancy was not necessarily planned but we weren't doing everything we could to avoid it. We're so excited to keep our family growing and know that this is God's plan for us.
7. I've been eating a lot healthier and have been more active this time around and I can feel the difference already. I am praying for a great pregnancy with the hopes of enjoying it even (crazy, right?). Circumstances are so different this time around, so there is a possibility this could happen.
8. For now the babes will be sharing the room upstairs until we're more comfortable with Josie being alone downstairs or until we "have to" put her downstairs because of another sibling (couple of years from now of course).
9. We also plan on rummage sale shopping a bunch for what we need and clothes if it is a boy since we don't have any of that... its part of the reason we want to find out what we are having. Now is the time for deals!


What did I miss? I am sure there are more questions! You know I am an open book so ask away if you think of something!


Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

5 comments:

  1. Ashley Richter5/17/2012

    Sarah Congrats! How exciting! The twins and I are almost exactly 16mo apart as well, can you imagine 3 little ones? Yikes, my poor mama! Good luck with this new blessing, how very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teacherpollock5/17/2012

    Congrats! So excited for you! I can't wait for the big gender reveal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie5/19/2012

    wonderful details and so glad to read a bit more about the mommy blog, it is so fun to share motherhood woes, joys and plans, and than to have a Christian bond. . .I am so happy for you.You will learn a lot about yourself, not working for the first time since 9th grade, but God is good, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been so sick!  So excited for you!  It'll be fun to have your babies so close in age.  :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed the first announcement, but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you, the hubs & Josie. You're on a roll: first the stay-at-home mom gig, then the mommy group and now baby #2 - things are working out for you momma and it's all well deserved. Hope 2nd trimester is easier on you. xo

    ReplyDelete