3/21/2012

Midweek Confessions


Confessions...

After reading E's confessions, one in particular was like "ding ding!" to me. Our yard is out of control. Neighborhood embarrassment? Yes, us. That is correct. We have a new patio that Mike did last fall, but we don't have nice matching furniture so instead we just have random chairs out there with big dirt holes and bobcat tracks. The flowers from last year are all scraggly and in place and since there isn't snow to cover them up, they are showing their true ugly self loud and proud.

When Mike is gone, I feel guilty doing anything but hanging out with Josie one on one with no TV or computer. She has other plans, however, and usually ignores me or crawls away from me when I try to join in the play. So then I just sit there watching and feeling ridiculous.

I got a mani/pedi this weekend and couldn't even enjoy it because there were older women there complaining about anything and everything. I tried to block it out but instead just got angry with them for wasting my wonderful afternoon opportunity. At least my nails look nice and shiny...

Another one when Mike is gone: I don't eat real meals. He made pancakes on Saturday for us and made extra for "his girls when he's gone" (sweet, right?). So that's what we ate. Pancakes and yogurt. I was perfectly happy and Josie doesn't know the difference. Hopefully I remember how to cook once he's back for a dinner time meal.

I may or may not be an Amazon.com addict.

I like Coldplay. I've tried to fight it, just like I did with Train, but I can't... their Britishness just wins me over every.single.time.

We're having a potluck at work today so I have already declared this day an official "cheat" day. Who wants to lose weight anyways??





Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. haha I find myself sitting on the floor watching J play all the time. Yes, and I think, "I could be doing something productive," but all I want to do is sit and watch :) Great confessions--hope the pancakes were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought your patio furniture looked great, rather than pancakes and yogurt, I go with popcorn and yogurt, guess you'll have to do the pedi/mani with me (I wish), and what does Josie do if you lay on the floor with your computer or i pod?  I picture her crawling, falling all over you eventually, but maybe you're not new enough to explore.

    ReplyDelete