11/12/2012

Weekend + Baby #2 Update

We had a pretty relaxed weekend. With our to-do list mostly done for before baby, we all just kind of wanted to sit around. It didn't help that it was snowy and cold outside. Hubby and I worked in his office for a while on Saturday and he finished up a bunch of little things on Sunday.

Josie had a fever and didn't feel so great starting on Saturday afternoon. She wasn't eating much and just screamed when she woke up from her nap. I don't blame her - she was burning up! We got a ton of cuddles and spent a ton of time watching Christmas movies and Winnie the Pooh. Girlfriend was cuddly like she's never been before. It was great, I won't lie. I always jump at the chance to hold her a little closer or get some hugs and kisses when she usually would be running all around. 

Thankfully, her fever went away on Sunday afternoon although it did come back when she was tired and sleeping last night. No fever today though! So hopefully those teeth causing this come in and we can move on.

----


I also had my appointment today. They did a nonstress test and she was super active, more so than most babies that are overdue (said the nurse). Afterwards, the midwife checked me and I am slightly more dilated, definitely more effaced, and also had a bit of bloody show! I was so excited by this news because I never got this far with Josie before they induced me.

My midwife asked me if I wanted to give my body more time than the "one week mark" that they usually would induce at. I was so grateful that she was open to this because I really want to give my body the chance to go into labor on it's own (yeah yeah yeah I've said this a million times) and having a couple of more days really made me feel better. She said she feels pretty confident that things are progressing enough that it should happen soon.

The plan is that I will be induced on Sunday the 18th if I haven't gone into labor yet. My midwife won't be back from a conference until Monday, so I probably won't get to have her deliver the baby, but I will get a chance to meet the midwife on call this weekend on Thursday when I go in for another nonstress test. 

I'm so thankful that I'm feeling okay and that baby girl is so active and healthy. We'll take prayers for a safe delivery some time this week!

In the meantime, maybe I should clean up a bit since we know it's going to happen soon. :)


Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. Jo_anne_fitch11/12/2012

    So happy for you both.  We will be praying for a safe and fast delivery.  We will be anxious to hear.  Blessings to you and your family.  Love, JoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying you do go into labor on your own! :)

    ReplyDelete