9/30/2012

Ode to Sleep


There has been little sleep at nights over here. I cannot blame the toddler. I cannot blame the husband or the dog or the weather. I can only blame the fact that I am 5 1/2 weeks away from having another baby. It's been rough the last couple of days nights.


Sleep, how I miss you.

Numerous nights this week I have tossed and turned laying on top of the covers with the fan on but not cool enough to drift into a blissful sleep. I check the clock numerously and am using the bathroom at least four times a night. I try different positions and rearrange the pillows a million times but it makes no difference.

It's that time again. Now I remember. Now I remember why you really start counting down the days at the end. I will do anything!for!comfort! I dream of waking up to feed a baby but then going back to sleep immediately because I will be able to.

Maybe I'm making the picture too rosy, but I'm holding on for dear life. 5 1/2 more weeks. I can do it, right?


Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. I can see why 5 1/2 weeks seems like a REAL LONG time, we need to start bringing meals when we visit.  Hope the cool weather will help with the sleep.

    ReplyDelete