8/15/2012

Wednesday words

1. Playing piano again is like reconnecting with an old friend. As I'm playing songs I rehearsed in high school, private lessons, and college, different images flash through my mind and I'm reminded of so many different friends and places as I practice. My rusty fingers are finally starting to loosen up and I can honestly say that just from practicing (ridiculously hard) the last two weeks, I think I am at a better place than I was when I was in school for it full-time (yes, I went to school for music with a scholarship and emphasis in piano. Little detail that I bet you didn't know!). Music that used to be frustrating and too hard has seemed a little easier and the "hard parts" in my old favorites aren't nearly as hard. What a relief! It is especially important to me as I just started teaching lessons again and was nervous that I had lost what I had and wasn't capable of being a "good teacher". By the way? My brain is back on track and I'm loving it more than I thought I would. Thank you God.

2. Craigslist. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I put something on there to sell and had three people interested right away. That's great, except that the first person who was so interested just quit emailing me back. So I moved on to the next person. I better hear back from this person or I'm going to be ticked that I missed the opportunity to sell it to her in the first place. Why can't people just have some courtesy? Email saying "not interested anymore". It's not hard... It's the same the other way too. If I'm interested in something, I usually ask if it is still for sale before inquiring with more questions. Sometimes I get answers, but there are a lot of times that I hear nothing. Really? It's still posted... it still appears to be for sale. That's not my fault, so a simple yes/no would do. 

That stuff aside, I do love it. The opportunity to sell something I never ever used for the same price or more that I paid for it? LOVE THAT. Finding stuff that is overpriced when full price and hardly used? LOVE THAT. There are definitely perks to go with the downfalls.

3. Waking up in the morning has been interesting. Hubby is gone so early most days, which is hard on him but generally has given him a stronger work ethic and full days of work. Sometimes, though, his wake time is later. Not late enough that it is when I would wake up, but late enough that Jo is in her lighter sleep phase so is woken up by his steps and movements. It is so frustrating! On one hand I am thankful that hubby got to sleep in a little and know that his body needs it. On the other hand, I have to deal with a crabby baby all day

4. I got my workout DVD in the mail yesterday! Along with a bible study book that I was excitedly waiting for and a new vacuum filter. I looove mail days like that. So many things to look forward to. I will be sure to update you after some serious prenatal pilates. The yoga has been good but I'm ready to mix it up (already...after two days). 

5. I'm too hungry and pictureless to keep going. Happy Wednesday everyone!



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment