4/13/2012

Finally... Easter revisited

Easter.


I forgot to take a picture of the Easter dress. And she wasn't feeling the sitting still.


My grandparents got to come out and the loved it. To get them up the stairs, Mike and my dad had to do a chairlift type thing using the wheelchair and it worked well. The only thing was the my grandma was terrified of going down. She was a champ and powered through, but she had a tight grip on those handles.


It was windy and chilly so us ladies spent most of our time inside. The men, on the other hand, put the boat in, waded out in their waders (?), and worked on getting rid of the weeds from the beachy area. They must have thought it was 80 degrees instead of 40...


We went to church in town (a good 45 minute drive) and then came back out to enjoy the rest of the day at the lake. We actually ate the Easter meal on Saturday so we just grilled burgers on Easter and ate the rest of the leftovers from the day before.


Here's the desert I made. So rich but so delicious! Cookie on the bottom, mini Cadbury egg inside, butter cream frosting, and peanut m&m's. I just ate the last one today. I probably won't make them again, but they were good!



Auntie Lara provided the Easter gifts, since I didn't do the basket thing this year. We'll definitely do it next year and years after that, but I didn't think she'd understand what was going on. She enjoyed the gifts without the basket either way. She got a ballerina barbie (her very first barbie I should add) and bubbles. I feel like there was more but we left them at the lake so there would be fun toys out there and I didn't get a good look... sorry auntie!




Randomly, we looked outside and saw a lone turkey running (seriously, like sprinting for it's life) across the yard. By the time we got the camera out, it was almost in the woodsy part of the yard, but I really did get proof! See??



It just looked so silly running and then later flying all by itself. A great Easter if I do say so myself! 


Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. Laurie4/13/2012

    you really did a great job of journaling josie's first easter.  I didn't know you opened the bubbles - what fun.  And the turkey picture was great, couldn't believe you got it! some nice pix of the cabin but it can sure look junkie.  perfect dessert!

    ReplyDelete