1/25/2012

volunteer, be self absorbed, make lists

Mind blank. I had a great thought that I really thought I should share with you. Now it has left me.

Today I went to an orientation to volunteer at the YWCA. My bible study girls and I have really felt the need to live out what we believe and not just get together each week and encourage each other. We don't want to be "holed" up talking when there is a world that needs doing. We kind of picked the YWCA randomly, but you would think by now that I would know that my random decisions are completely by God. There is no random.

My heart clicked with this place. We more than likely will end up sorting donations or organizing the food pantry, which may seem like the most boring task, but I am excited about it. It seems that once you are involved and helping out, you get involved in a bunch of different aspects of the organization.

I will have another post about it eventually... because it's going to really affect my life. I can feel it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weight loss... the dreaded topic that I pretend you all don't care about so I don't have to bring it up.

I'm failing. I have mediocre days that I pretend are good and then wonder why I don't see results. I am too lazy to put in my food choices for the entire day so it does me no good. I just guess... which is always wrong (of that I'm sure). I can do great until I get home, but each recipe we use for supper is different, and WW selections are so lame since they changed to Points PLUS. Or maybe I just remember it differently from the last time I was successful using the online WW (over 4 years ago).

Either way - I need to get it together. I need a boost to motivate me. Something to just kick me in the pants and send me on my way down the road of true success. I'm hovering around the same number and I'm ready to see it change.

I'm doing meal replacement shakes for lunch since I can't handle too many choices throughout the day apparently. They are refreshing for now. Easy, filling, and something different.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need to go to bed. Need to. Then I need to get up and workout and somehow make my pants fit better. then I need to read my bible. I can accomplish these nice New Years resolutions. You just wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment