1/11/2012

Midweek confessions

1. I read on a blog somewhere that the proper way to say "I bid you ado" is with a-d-o instead of a-d-i-e-u. Suddenly I'm the expert and very judgemental when I see it used incorrectly. #whoamianyways??



2. When our routine is off at night and Josie is almost asleep, sometimes I'll purposefully skip steps like reading her a book or wrapping her in a blanket so she's "straightjacketed" or even just putting her in her pajamas. The funny part? It has never failed (never!) that I always end up starting the whole routine over again and spending at least 3 times the amount of time that I was so desperately trying to save. Seriously. When will I learn.



3. I get over-the-top disappointed when I find holes in my clothing. Like I just lost a friend forever kind of disappointed. Part of the reason is because my long torso and general body shape makes it hard to replace these clothing items, but part of it is just because I'm cheap and don't like to shop for clothes that I actually need. Its never fun to have to buy something. I like to just magically find something that wasn't a necessity. There is a difference in types of shopping here. I'd way rather just shop for something for our home or for Josie. Way. More. Fun.



4. I think everyone has certain...shall we say... hygiene... habits that others would judge and ultimately disapprove of. While I'm not ready to confess all of my little secrets, I will admit that I do make a habit of being completely inconsistent. One day I'll be freaking out using a strong cleaner about how disgusting everything is and how many germs must be everywhere, and another day I'll just wipe it up with a plain washcloth and call it good. I also will admit that I do the latter more often. Yikes. Nobody come check out my home for germs... you'd run away screaming. My philosophy is that it only makes us stronger. We are some strong people!




No comments:

Post a Comment