1/27/2012

Guilty

Remember how I said I was going to track every.single.thing that went into my mouth? Remember how I blogged about how successful I was and how on track I am in general and how I am no longer making excuses? No? Oh yeah because that didn't happen.

I cannot get it together with this whole tracking my foods thing. WHAT.IS.THE.DEAL? Yep. All caps with the period -->that is how serious this is. I just read about not making excuses and how only I can change it and nobody is stuffing food down my throat (weird thought, let's not go there) so now I really feel the guilt.

This morning I had two pieces of pizza for breakfast. Why? Because I was lazy and didn't want to make my usual egg on a piece of toast breakfast of champs. It was sitting there, I was running around doing other things, I thought "hey that looks so good and fattening and full of calories" and off I went chomping down on food that started my day off with a big FAIL stamped on the first page (of the day...not the best analogy).

So here's the sweet part (and why I am posting right now instead of hanging my head down in shame and avoiding this little blog altogether). Instead of just calling it a FAIL day and inhaling everything in sight, I am eating healthy. Like super "who is that seriously? that girl is soooo healthy" healthy. I had a shake for lunch and Subway  is the plan tonight. No snacks, no chocolate, no cookies, no junk. Can I get an Amen?

Weekends are the hard part of the week for me (duh, for everyone right?) but I cannot keep making these excuses. I will report back soon with some more good news and if I don't send out a search team. I need the accountability now more than ever even though it is hard to take sometimes.

Happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I am impressed that you didn't take the typical attitude "I blew for breakfast so I may as well blow it for the whole day"  Amen to that:)  Still praying for you. . .you know there's 2 viewpoints out there for successful weightloss. 1) don't give yourself a lot of options so you don't eat too much by needing to sample everything
    2) don't limit yourself to the same thing so food is boring and almost a punishment - who knows - maybe pizza was just the variety you needed.
    love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cait @ theblessedlife1/28/2012

    Don't beat yourself up! :) I'm glad you decided to turn things around and make it positive....can't say I would have been strong enough to do the same.  If you have a smart phone, you could try the MyFitnessPal app.  Quite a few of us are on there...you can find me at caitg19.  I've found it to be so helpful in holding me accountable and motivating me.  You can also just use the website! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meghan Gibson1/30/2012

    Good for you for keeping at it! That is what it is all about for me, not letting one slip up determine the rest of your day (or week). It is definitely NOT easy but seems to get a little better every day. I am just trying to focus on the losses, no matter how minimal they may be - it is much better then a gain. I just wrote a little about this on my blog and my results for the first month. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete