1/30/2012

Fast trip

We went to the twin cities this weekend to see some family and do some shopping. We were  nervous that Josie would have a melt down on the way, so we went down on Friday night. SHE SLEPT THE WHOLE WAY. It really through off her sleep cycle for the night, but it was so nice to have her sleeping instead of screaming! 


We headed to the  mall around 10 AM but it was an hour drive. Since Josie got up at 5:00 (with lucky Mom while Dad slept a bit more) we were all pretty tired and in need of some caffeine. Plus we still had to by soda for the "Christmas Celebration" that we were going to at night (it just works better to have it way after Christmas... don't judge) so we a stop at Walmart was also needed. While I was there, I remembered that I absolutely needed to get my grandpa's birthday card in the mail that day to get it there in time. So as I'm standing with a card in one hand and a cart full of soda and water in the other waiting for my ride to come back from a coffee run, I watched the mail woman come and go... wah wah... (sad noise).


We were planning on following her but were already losing the precious shopping time at the Mall of America since we knew it's be another 45 minutes back to the party. 

While on interstate, the trusty trailblazer went to limited power. That was fun. Thankfully it just healed itself while only managing to scare us about 60%. See? Trustworthy.

We finally got to the mall. Urban Outfitters, H & M, The Afternoon. That was the goal and we managed to go to all 3. 

Some things I liked (but was too chicken to commit to buying): 

Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters

Oh did I mention that we also forgot our stroller? Thank goodness my cousin that we were staying with has two boys and a bunch of strollers! Turns out that this stroller really showed me what we're missing. I resisted getting one of these that lets the car seat snap into place, but it was pretty comfy for Miss J. She had tons of room and we could store all kinds of stuff underneath. I didn't think it was so bad getting around, but then again we were just a general sight to see anyways.


My sister is still recovering from knee surgery a couple of weeks ago. One gigantic stroller and one wheel chair ridden twenty year old. We had some laughs...



More beautiful lovely wouldn't trade it for anything sleeping in the car.




Shopping... so fun. See the little flower almost cut off in this picture? From the MoA. Thank you, H & M. I love random hair accessories. 

So we now know we need to give ourselves WAY more time to shop. Especially with a wheelchair and more than one floor. 

Time for work! I'll post more later with the rest of the weekend.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Meghan Gibson1/30/2012

    She is adorable! And I love your hat! We have King of Prussia Mall - not quite Mall of America but the biggest on the East Coast! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely posting -Was going to reprimand you for NO Sarah pix, but finally there was one, even if Josie wasn't in it. Love the hair thing, you must have looked so pretty  for the sleigh ride:) Maybe for Josie's bday I should get a delux stroller like you used for the mall, and you could leave the umbrella one at the lake.

    She looks so adorable (and heavenly ) sleeping in the car.  Never heard of the Afternoon, couldn't tell what the pix was above the owl.  Could Mike keep his sense of humor? Scary about trail blazer - any idea why?
    love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie1/31/2012

    Oh sweet girl! I love that ponytail, my little E wears one just like it :)

    ReplyDelete