9/19/2011

Nursery view

I finally took some pictures of Josie's room. Ignore the random clutter and focus on all the cutesy things please!

View from the door. I made the curtains and the crib sheet when I was pregnant. We had an old fashioned rocking chair in there but it was so impractical. We just traded this chair (which reclines and turns) from the living room and haven't regretted that choice at all.

To the right of the door, I did not clean up the changing table at all so you could see what it looks like on an average day. I painted the letters and Mike put up the tree decal. We got the crib and the changing table (Pottery Barn) from a cousin who had just finished using it with her son. We were so excited to get them because they were way nicer than what we could afford right now!

Crib (in desperate need of some bumpers with that roly poly baby:

The horse was made for Mike by his mom. I realize his "saddle" does not match the room at all, but that is where I keep the sling since I use it often enough to keep it out.

I'm going to have to do something different with the shelf since those tea cups are way too small and the rest is completely random but for now they work til I find what I want (could take until Josie is 18... lets hope not).

The two bags by the garbage are for the dirty diapers. I do have to admit that this looks a lot messier from this angle, which is never where you would stand. Thank God for that! The more popular angle is looking from the top down which means the clutter is hidden from view...

My favorite corner. It's so cozy and holds all of her books, which someday she will be so excited to read!

These were given to her by Aunt Elizabeth. They match so perfectly, I couldn't believe it!

Isn't that MP3 player just lovely? But it is truly a life saver when J isn't quite as sleepy at bedtime. I think that the giraffe needs to be put away... not too pretty although fun to play with (when she's older and actually knows how to use her hands).

I found these bins at Target for $3 each. So nice to be able to use all that space up there and the junk is hidden from view for the most part.

All that left side is sadly too summery now. I'll have to go through and see what we are missing and put those away until the next child. I think the closet will look a little bare after that. Guess we'll have to go shopping!

I realize how awkward this angle is, but I wanted you to see the rest of the wall decals. We had these left over and didn't want to just not use them since they weren't all that cheap. I like how it brings back the theme of outdoorsy/leaves and blue birds.

There you go! We like it... I still would like to put a colored mirror above the crib but I haven't been able to find anything I really like.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/20/2011

    I was just gonna e-mail you and say you need to put up pics of the nursery and then I thought I better check first and here they are!!! Looks great! I LOVE the owl on top of the closet...good idea and soo cute. That huge decal turned out awesome. Maybe you could find a mirror to make on pinterest...my new OBSESSION!

    ~JenR

    ReplyDelete