7/14/2011

2 week appointment

Josie had her two week appointment today with her (new) doctor at Independent Family Doctors, LTD. First of all, the doctor (Dr. Steve) was wonderful. He was so nice, helpful, and didn't rush out the door right away. I could tell that he is going to be great for my sweet little girl. So here are her stats:

Birth weight was: 9 lb 7 0z
She was down to: 8 lb 7 oz
She now is: 9 lb 15 oz - great job Josie!!
Her height was: 20.5
And is now: 21.25 - 3/4 of an inch in 2 weeks. That's crazy amounts of growth in my mind.

She is in the 97 percentile for height, weight, and head size. He said she is obviously a healthy baby and he didn't see anything alarming. I'm so thankful that she is so helpful!

On another note, I weighed myself today and I lost another 5 lbs this week! I'd like to give a shout out to breast feeding - you make my weight loss efforts easy. :) My total weight loss from when I was still pregnant is 30 lbs. Are you kidding me?? I realize at least half of that was all within 20 minutes of delivery... but still. I am so excited it is coming off as fast as it is. If it slows down a little, that will be ok but I don't want to stop losing for a while yet. Still have a ways to go!

Its a cooler day outside so hopefully we can get a walk in! Also, the street fair is this weekend and I plan on hitting that up, baby in tow, a couple of times at least. Who doesn't love walking around downtown with vendor food and little shops and booths set up everywhere? Its fun. I hope Josie likes it also...

But for now she sleeps.

Auntie Lara is determined that I will dance. Love this onesie. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/14/2011

    GOOD JOB JO JO! (and Sarah & Mike obviously!) I am pretty sure MUCH of her growth is because her Grampa Paul has taught her the benefits of getting up to make herself a sammich in the middle of the night without waking Mom and Dad! :-)

    Love Dad / Grampa Paul

    ReplyDelete