7/13/2011

Run.

I have created a fear in my head of starting the whole workout thing up again.Yeah yeah yeah... walking is good for you and that should be enough for now. There is something in my head that says that walking is just not enough, for me at least. When I am with mi madre and she speed walks (normal speed for her=practically running for me) I burn up and sweat and lose my breath and all of that, but lets face it. She's not here to speed walk with me and I can't walk at that pace on my own. It seems to be impossible. I also just don't have that feeling of accomplishment that I get after a good run.

That one time, a week ago, when I was extra ambitious and woke up early to go for a walk with the Buckster, I tried running for about 5 steps. Yes, 5 steps. Immediately I realized two things. One, I need at least 2 bras for the time being. Two, there is a reason they say to wait a while before exercising. It just didn't feel right...down there. (Sorry if that is TMI) Well its been another week...and I am feeling soooo lazy.

But also scared. Because once I start to run, I have to commit. I can't just say that it is too early after baby or that I don't have time. Come on, we all know that I do have time if I decide to do it. I can make time and I can take Josie and Buckley with me easily since my good friend Pam gave me her jogging stroller (fabulous, btw).

Maybe it is still too early since it really has only been 2.2 weeks since I was hugely pregnant, but Josie has an appt tomorrow and I will ask the doc what he thinks then. I am going to guess that he will say "don't kill yourself but go for it". It seems to be the general consensus of my internet research.

I am hoping that by blogging about this, I will get the courage to actually do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment