7/15/2011

Celeb fail.

Source

Of course they are divorcing. Seeing this news makes me sick to my stomach. I am so tired of celebrities marrying and divorcing all the time. No wonder the divorce rate is so high. I also hate how so many people look at these celebrities for guidance and as examples how to live their own lives.

I watched Oprah the other day and Rob Lowe was on.



He's been married to his wife for 20 years and went on and on about how wonderful she is and how she is his best friend. So why is he the exception and not the rule? (Good job, Rob, I'm impressed with you.)

Divorce is something that just eats at me. Marriage should not be taken lightly, and when people get married so they don't feel guilty sleeping together or living together or have the idea that they can just end it if it gets rough, its almost a guarantee that it will not work. Celebrities are no different. Actually they are worse. The only way marriage will work is if you enter it with the attitude that for better or worse you do not have an out. You will stick it out no matter what. Divorce cannot be an option, not even a small one, or it will happen. Life has too many battles and tough situations to allow the perfect marriage. If you aren't expecting struggles then you will be run over by them. Having divorce as an option in the back of your mind will only have it thrown in your face as the only  option when times are tough. Ughhh...

Stop looking up to them!! Ok enough. I just had that sick feeling in my stomach when I saw that head line.

Happy weekend... from the happily married new mom that almost does have a perfect life. :)

Edit: I realize that some situations warrant a divorce, like abuse or a cheating spouse. I'm more or less referring to the general divorcing couples that get divorced for "irreconcilable differences"... not the exceptions.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7/16/2011

    I saw him on Oprah awhile back.. brightened my day. I need to find me a Rob :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/16/2011

    Ouch.......

    ReplyDelete