4/10/2011

Lazy lazy

I have done nothing productive this weekend. Well that's not entirely true, but when you look at the long list of things/projects I have started and have not finished, what the heck was I thinking?? I need to get going on this stuff or I will be completely overwhelmed. I could use the excuse "waiting for Mike to get me..." or something along the lines of "don't have what I need so I'll have to wait until..." but either way, I could have found something that I could check off my internal "hurry up and get done" list.

On a fun note, we are babysitting Scooter and Chloe, my friends Katie and Jarrod's little dachshunds...


Jarrod with Scooter and Chloe

Cuties, huh? Katie and I went to high school together and managed to somehow stay connected and stay pretty strong friends all these years later (I sound like I'm 74, and I'm fine with that.)

This lady is awesome. She's lost a ton of weight by working with Weight Watchers and working out consistently and is the smallest she's ever been. Pretty much my hero! I told her that once the baby is here, she needs to be my personal trainer/motivator. She said she's ok with that so I'm going to hold her to it!

Anyways, they got to go to Arizona while we stayed in the chilly rain here, and we are in charge of these pups for the next couple of days.  Favorite part of today so far: we had a rodeo on the tv, and every time the bull was let out, Scooter absolutely freaked out barking and jumping all fierce. This made Chloe freak out, and Buckley, being his normal adorable self, ran to the door to see what all the barking was about (up the stairs and another room away from where Scooter was barking). He has no idea what is going on most of the time. I think they are a little high energy for my large, slow dog.

My only fear is running over the little shadow that is always behind me.Chloe is the sweetest girl but seriously she's tiny and I might step on her. I make no promises.

K here is a pic of Katie: She's the best... Happy Sunday night you all!


(taken from her facebook page)


No comments:

Post a Comment