3/25/2011

Josephine is 9 long letters. Didn't realize that when we picked it!

Remember how I said I was going to go crafts shopping? Oh I did, and it was grand. A little overwhelming, but grand nonetheless. I started out at Hobby Lobby (love that place) but the randomness and overwhelming amounts of everything did not help me out when I was looking for specific things. I could walk around in that store for hours and not get bored. Every time I turn the corner, something new and "perfect" for me. ahhhhh....

So, on to JoAnn's. My experience there consisted of walking back and forth between the sewing section and then painting section. I'd get to one side, realize I forgot something on the other, think of a "great idea'' for a different project and rush over to the other, etc. Good grief. Talk about exercise. This is what I came home with:

Yes you see that correctly. I have some work to do on those letters! I can hardly wait... but am also nervous that I'll screw them up. They were $1.29 or something each, so I can just go get a new one, but I find that with painting, I usually do awesome the first time or two, and then slowly decline as I get too huge of an ego. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I seriously just get worse and worse as I try harder. Taking a class for actual technique or something may help but I have no idea where I could do that for cheap or where I'd find the time. I'll add that to my "to do" list, and for now just continue to float along with my limited ability. I'll keep you updated on this lovely project once I get the nerve to jump in!

Yep, these brushes should only add to the fun!


Like the colors?   

I know, random. But I didn't have one til now...
                                                  

 

Are you wondering what these are for? Don't peak ahead, but I made some lovely ribbon bows for the curtain. I won't lie, I stabbed myself in the finger way too many times, and wanted to throw my hands up in the air at least 3 times. But I like the end result! Velcro in the back so I don't have to retie the bows. What do you think??


 I feel like a creep always takig pictures of the neighbor's house..luckily I've never actually seen anyone in there looking back! That would be ... awkward.



Front

Back

I work tomorrow morning and will be doing some painting in the afternoon. Looking forward to a McDonald's iced vanilla sugar free coffee in the A.M. and some serious creativity in the P.M.

I'm nervous already...

6 comments:

  1. Umm actually if you look closely at your neighbor's house you can see someone standing there...that is sooo creepy!! Ok just kidding but gosh that really would be...awkward!!! But such a good idea to put velcro in the back of your ribbon! So smart...you come up with that or fine it on a good craft website or blog??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one was actually my idea, can you believe it? Which of course means it took me 3x as long to process and create... oh how I wish creativity came naturally for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3/25/2011

    Love the curtains; really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/26/2011

    Im reading your blog. and Im gonna just keep my name as annonymous so you have to guess wh o I am...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are no fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3/27/2011

    Curtains look great... just be sure to close em before you put the child to sleep. Undoing that velcro at the wrong time is essentially asking for less sleep... you need the silent velcro they mention in Garden State.

    ReplyDelete