3/27/2011

Weekend Update

  • My feet didn't get as swollen all week. Huge deal. I am not sure if I was unconsciously sitting more at work, drinking more water, wearing better shoes (don't think so... only have a couple of options!) or a combination of all. Either way, I am super thankful for this.
  • I have now painted the baby room letters 2-3 times and they are just starting to look like something worth hanging up. Boring solid colors for now, hopefully add detail later. At this rate, I might get done... they day before the baby gets here. Yikes. I didn't realize I would need so many layers!
  • Went to Target with my sister, spent over $75. Why is it so hard to spend less than $50? I don't think I've ever left Target without spending $50 or more. Target- you are not good for my pocketbook.
  • Got to see sister's new apartment. She'll be living pretty nice in a brand new apartment, vaulted ceiling, her own bathroom! Best part is that she is only 5 min away from me! Or .6 miles away if you are planning on a nice jog or bike ride (which will most definitely take place this summer).
  • There's talk of practice for a praise band in our church if I can get the youth group kids motivated. I cannot tell you how motivating this is for me since music is kind of my thing and these kids are king of my other thing. To combine the two would really be awesome. We have a potential drummer, guitarist (or two?), violinist (two for sure), and me on the piano for now. I'm not worried about singers at the time, so this could really happen! Anybody know of a young bass player? We could always do the bass line on the keyboard but you all know (or should know) that you can't replace a real bass.
  • I'm getting super antsy for spring. Like dressing inappropriately kind of antsy. Don't get the wrong idea, nothing ridiculous. I just can't justify putting on a parka and boots when in my head spring is just about here! I'm ready for flip flops, sunglasses, sunburns (only a little please), no coats, and capris.
  • Buckley has also caught the antsy bug. His amount of energy continues to astonish me... and he needs a walk. But I am not really feeling walking around on the ice outside. So he gets to wait. One more reason why spring needs to get here faster...
  • I finished season two of "Dexter". What is it about this fictional character that makes me root for a serial killer?? Luckily, a coworker of mine is going to borrow me season 3 so we don't have to wait for Netflix to catch up and put it on their instant shows to watch.
  • I worked on Saturday and got McDonald's for myself and a few other coworkers. Let me just tell you. If you have to work an extra shift, it needs to be wonderful. And this was a great start. Sometimes I just really like working on Saturdays. To my boss, who reads this: No thanks, one once in a while is enough for me :)
  • I bought a new nail polish (my first OPI) and it is called Chihuahua bites. Yep -reddish/pinkish/orange piece of springlike heaven on my fingertips. I'm in love. It better last for a could week or so before I have to remove it. Thats my pet peave with nail polish... you get it perfect and it chips and looks stupid after just a day or two. Doesn't seem worth it in the long run but I just need  any reminder that spring is almost here that I can get. Because when I look outside - I'm not seeing spring!!
  • Still ready for this baby to get here... Is it June yet?

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed your updates. you really are a busy, productive expectant mommy:) June will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/27/2011

    ohhh.. my.. word!!! WELCOME TO THE OPI CLUB!! This delights me ohhh so much!! I cannot wait to see this color. it sounds wonderful!! :)

    i also cannot wait to see these letters!!

    (if you don't believe my excitement, go back and view these: !!! - whoopsie, over-used!)

    ReplyDelete