3/23/2011

Arts and Crafts

Warning: This post contains many random thoughts and brainstorming. You've been warned.

Mike made the comment the other day that my style is "arts and crafts". I wouldn't go so far to say that this is true for every room of the house, but for the nursery, I would have to say that yes, I can agree with that. So much so, that I am finding  myself spending hours and hours pouring through arts and crafts websites trying to figure out what my next project will be. I just had so much fun with the curtains so I figure, why stop there?

Here's what I am thinking. I know I want to do letters on the wall, whether they are hanging on a string or scattered across the wall, I'm not sure. Maybe something like this:

Wooden Wall  Nursery Baby Monogram Letter - 10 inch  Customized  Personalized Wood Wall Letters Curlz font SOLD  PER LETTERfound here
or
Additional Letter(s) found here
or
Name Banner with 9 Lettersfound here

So  many different directions! SO I am thinking I will make them myself. Cheaper, more room for personalization, and may even fill my "creative" funk fix. :)

Another thing that I was thinking: Since the wall decal and curtains are so busy, I don't want to overdo it. The bedding is something that will be changed frequently since children grow (shocking, right?) so I have thought I would do just a solid color for the sheet and then whatever blanket we get/use at the time. I found a website that shows a way to make the fitted sheet that seems super easy. This way I can make numerous fitted sheets in different colors. Pink, green, blue, even brown! So exciting, I know. I cannot tell you how exciting it is for me to have so many practical options even when laundry must be done. And talk about cheaper! So. I'll keep you up to date with that project. It might be a total disaster,but we'll see.

I need to find the right shade of pink. I am hoping to find a lamp that will have a white base (well I found this at Target already, but no shade yet) and a solid pink shade. Simple, small, and cheap.

Still working on the rug, although I did get one suggestion to go with a brown rug. I hadn't thought of that before and honestly I kind of like it. I wasn't planning on having brown be a major color in the room, but it would definitely be pretty neutral and blend in well since the tree is primarily brown and the color works well with green and blue (and this mysterious pink I keep hoping to find).

See how my head is spinning with ideas? So today I will be hoping to get started on at least one of these projects just to ease my  mind a bit. I'll keep you updated!

PS. can you tell this is my day off? Glorious. No time to waste!

No comments:

Post a Comment