12/17/2015

Amelia Jane - ten months old

In an effort to stay on top of it this time, I'm posting these pictures within 24 hours of taking them. Are you impressed?

A lot of photos and just a few words this time...



In the last few weeks, Amelia has chunked up. I just can't get enough of her round belly and face. A friend commented that she just looked less fragile. Exactly!


With her sudden growth came more movement too. She's pulling herself up more and more into a standing position and sometimes gets in a kneeling position if she's holding my hands or arms. She's very particular about when she will try, though. Hardly ever does she grab on to random objects. She will only even attempt to pull herself up if she's holding on to part of me. Even if I'm not actually helping her, she will only try with me (or maybe someone else who is willing to let her try). I keep trying to get her to grab on to her crib bars but she grabs on, lets go, and looks at me expectantly. It's pretty anti climactic.

No signs of crawling at all. Will she skip it?


She also scooted until she found me the other day. That is pretty big! Mostly, in the past, she's just cried and cried if she wanted me to come back to where she was. I was so excited to see her little head rounding the corner. Go, girl, go!


Just as most little siblings do, she adores her big sisters. More and more, she laughs with and at them, looks for them, wriggles around in my arms until she can see them, and plays games with them. Josie sometimes takes it too far and ends up making her cry by picking at her. It would drive anybody crazy. Audrey doesn't play games as much unless I start it and she joins in. Each of their relationships are different. I love watching them develop.


That's about all I've got for updates (since I just posted last week about her). I just can't get enough of her these days and it seems like I'm not the only one. The ladies at the gym childcare light up when she reaches for them and all of our extended family seems to just delight in her too. What a blessing she is.








The last couple of days, this is the only way she's happy half the time. She doesn't even want to be held all the time. That's a huge deal.







Sister shot: I had to beg Audrey to join us and then Josie was ridiculously silly. I got a few though.


Audrey: busted!


When I told them to move their heads closer, this is how Amelia responded.

Probably the best one



And the comparison shot: Amelia is kind of sort of maybe catching up in size! At least she doesn't look painfully scrawny this time. Josie's chubbiness was at it's peak here and it was pretty delicious. Audrey was just starting to chunk up, kind of like how Amelia is now. The giveaway that they aren't actually the same size is that Amelia is still in the smaller size onesie and it is still quite roomy. Funny how pictures can only show so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment