11/12/2015

Stitch Fix #2

I got my second Stitch Fix box in the mail today. After last time, with me buying 1/5 of what came to me, I added a more detailed note to hopefully help my stylist out. I told her that I didn't need accessories or cardigans, and that in particular I was looking for things to wear under all of these cardigans I have. She heard me on that. Great. But it's like she completely ignored my request for longer tops, which I've emphasized in multiple places and notes. The main reason I am trying Stitch Fix is because I have high hopes of them finding tops that fit me well that are super hard to find when I don't have time to shop. Sure, I can find longer tops on my own, but it takes a lot of trying on and I just don't have the time for that. So, if I am going to pay a $20 styling fee, I expect every top that comes to be longer than average. It's not like one average length top will suddenly be the right length. That doesn't make sense. I was pretty disappointed in that part of this box. Here is what I got:

Rosa Tab Sleeve V-Neck Blouse - $58




Laughably short. It fit great in the shoulders and chest, but was way too short. I did like the color though. Returned.


Cordelia Striped Boat Neck Sweater - $58



Was this a joke on me?? What was the stylist thinking? Even just holding it up, I could tell that it was way too short. On top of that, the stripes were unflattering and the sweater itself was boring. Definitely returned.



Maisha Ponte and Faux Leather Jacket - $88

 

This is not my style, at all, but I liked it initially. It doesn't fit like leather since it's only leather on the front. It was comfortable and that really surprised me. But, alas, it was also way.too.short. Gahhhh.



Bixby Clover Print Blouse - $64



This was kind of snug across the chest, but once on completely, it felt fine. Unfortunately, I just bought a shirt very similar to this in color, pattern, and material that was a fraction of the cost. Honestly, it was also on the short side. It doesn't look as bad in the picture, but as soon as I lifted my arms it was obvious. I did love how thick it was. It doesn't look different but it felt like higher quality than the other shirts.


Roxella Crochet Detail Tunic - $78



This one, this one, I liked. Long enough, fun color, light weight but felt roomy, fun pattern. That price, though. Yikes. I don't know if I can pay that much for a shirt. I mean, yes, I didn't have to go to a bunch of stores and hunt it down so it did save me time, but it seems highly overpriced for what the shirt actually is. It's way less quality than the Clover print shirt above and that was less expensive. I'm leaning towards no, but I hate to lose the $20 styling fee. I can't justify spending an additional $58 for it. What would you do?

I think I'm done with Stitch Fix for now. This month was so disappointing and it's not free so I need to get at least one thing out of it each time to make it feel worth it. I might try it again in the Spring since I hardly have any decent quality Spring/Summer clothes. I've stocked up on some great, quality pieces for the Winter, so postponing my next box seems like the smartest. And maybe just maybe they'll get it right when I try again in a few months.

{Sorry for the terrible quality pictures. I wanted to get these post today since I have to return them soon, so I had no time for a good camera and editing.}

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your reviews on what you get. I've thought about doing something like this too, but haven't had the courage. I actually liked the first (green) top, I know it was shorter in the front but I loved the back. The tunic was cute, but I also wouldn't be able to splurge on the price. Hope it works better for you in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/13/2015

    I love the tunic, it could pass for a dress (with leggings of course) but if you're forking out $38-58 more dollars, you should almost calculate a "cost per wearing"

    ReplyDelete