11/29/2014

Every girl's dream

We have a huge bin of dress up clothes. Some were gifted to us (princess dresses), some were clearance halloween finds, and some were taken out of storage from when my sister and I were little. Josie hasn't been as interested as those because they aren't costumes she recognizes, but suddenly one day, she couldn't get enough of them. I grabbed my camera and took the chance to capture her in the outfits while playing with my camera (that I'll never really understand).

My parents got married when I was just over 3 1/2, so I was about 5 months older than Josie is now. The dress was made by my grandma. I, of course, matched the bridesmaids. Here's Josie in it:






During her wardrobe change, Audrey stepped in. She kills me with the closed eyes - only when she's told to smile. Who knows why!








The next one was a dress I wore for a cousin's wedding. All of the younger girl cousins had matching dresses for both her wedding and her twin sister's. I am not sure what happened to the other one, but this one managed to stick around. I was older when I wore it, probably around eight, so it's ridiculously oversized on Josie and she can hardly move around.




Back to Audrey...





This dress was also made by my grandma (I think almost all of them were) but was meant for a young toddler, not a 3 1/2 year old.



And last, a huge fluffy pink coat that was worn by both of us when we were just a little older than Josie is now. Oh how we loved this fancy coat!


Dress up is so fun. :)


1 comment:

  1. Kills me looking at the mini-sarah/lara's! There's a look on Jo's face, in your wedding dress, that matches our wedding portraits. And I love the AJ grin with eyes shut! It must be hard for Josie to believe that zippers belong in the back for most old-fashioned dresses:)

    ReplyDelete