11/28/2014

30 weeks with baby #3




How far along: 30 weeks


How big is baby: 3 lbs and 15 3/4 inches long, about the size of a cabbage




Weight gain/loss: Not sure, pretending it's been healthy and normal. :)


Maternity clothes:  Almost all the time. Looking at my options each morning is less and less fun as less and less fits. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with just three or four shirts that I rotate as we get closer to 40 weeks. I really don't want to buy more at this point because I have a lot that will fit post baby when I still have baby pouch. I can't even use that as an excuse to go shopping!  I sometimes forget that I have dresses with leggings I can wear... much more comfortable that maternity pants if you ask me.



Stretch marks: No new ones, thankfully.


Sleep: I've been waking up more and more each night, sometimes from discomfort and sometimes to use the bathroom. I fall asleep pretty quickly again, but I can tell that I'm not quite as rested as I was a few weeks ago. A ten minute nap in the afternoon helps tremendously.
 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: I have definitely hit the small meals only stage. I don't feel super hungry ever and have been snacking a lot less. I do, however, get frantically thirsty when I'm not drinking enough water. I downed 72 oz of water in about 2 hours last night and still felt thirsty but knew it would be a long night of bathroom wake ups if I didn't stop. If only I was better at drinking it consistently all day long.


Coffee hasn't been as good but I still love the warmth of it. I have been eating a lot of citrus fruit (grapefruits because I bought them on accident and clementines because they are always in the house for the girls). Also, cereal and yogurt are awesome. And carbs. Of course.


Exercise: Some really good stretch sessions here and there. Pelvic discomfort is preventing me from doing too much because once I am feeling sore, walking and standing a lot more only makes it worse. Thankfully, I'm not sore all the time. Just on the long days. I've been playing piano for the high school for a couple of hours twice a week and whew can I feel it after that! Sitting on that hard piano bench for 2-3 hours is so hard on this big old belly. I'll be done with that after this week and that is just fine with me. The timing is kind of perfect since I don't think I could do it much longer anyways.



Gender: Another girl!

Movement: Often, at least once an hour. She has the hiccups pretty much every day and I'm wondering if she is head down now since I feel kicks up near my ribs a lot. If I am sitting down, I have braxton hicks constantly and she must not like being as scrunched up because she really goes to town kicking and squirming.



The belly: Seems to be growing right on track with Audrey's pregnancy. Different shape as you can see below, but still about the same size.


What I'm loving: Holding my friends' newborns and thinking about the baby that will be here very soon in our house. Now that winter is here and holidays are started, we have more weekends home meaning more time to work on the nursery. That will be fun (I hope)!



What I miss: Normal moving without aches and pains. Having options for shoeware (my feet are so much larger when I'm pregnant!)

Symptoms: Everything? See all the things mentioned above plus no bladder longevity. Bathroom runs are ever so frequent these days.



The nursery: We will be picking out paint colors this week and hopefully fabric for the curtains. I hope to make some visible progress soon.



What's different/the same this time: The biggest difference is the shape of my belly. Much less pointy, I think she's sitting higher up. I can definitely feel that in my ribs, more like how I felt with Josie. The pelvic discomfort and lack of back pain at this point in pregnancy is very similar to Audrey's pregnancy.

Best moment of the week: We celebrated Thangsiving with my mom's side of the family and it was so fun! I got some baby snuggles from my cousin's newborn baby girl, who has dark brown hair just like our girls did. She reminded me so much of our girls and was crazy to think about it being us again so soon. And also fun to have a "cousin" so close in age to our baby, just three to four months apart. Also, Josie is still all about babies and loves to help with the pacifier, bottle, and loving pats. It warms everyone's hearts, as corny as that sounds. She's just so sweet.


Last appointment details: No gestational diabetes!

Next appointment: Two more weeks



30 weeks with Baby #3 (left) and Audrey (right). No photo this week of Josie.





No comments:

Post a Comment