8/15/2013

Moving in, trick foot, life update and more

What an eventful week! We've been busy moving in and figuring out life in this new house. Josie spent some time at my parents' lake place so today is our first day here together all day. She may or may not be acting like she owns the place already. Its mildly humorous. With just Audrey, I managed to get a bit more unpacked but the house is a bit of a chaotic mess. The kitchen, in particular, is slightly horrific. I have yet to find a place for the random food items so you can see me walking in circles between the laundry room/pantry, kitchen, garage, and living room at all hours of the day.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for my foot and guess what! Stress fracture. He gave me a boot to wear for three weeks and sent me on my way. I have to take it off to drive and have to wear my tennis shoe on the other foot because all other shoes are too low and the unevenness gives me super bad hip pain. Moving in has all but come to a halt because I just can't do laps around my house and still chase the girls (because, yes, Audrey is now crawling, pulling up, standing, and inching her way around furniture like a mad woman now, perfect timing). I'm so thankful that my dear friends gave up their time on Sunday and Monday night to help us move out of the old house and into the new house as much as possible. My parents and sister also helped a ton and my in-laws watched the girls for almost the entire weekend. Seriously, so grateful over here.

We're in the process of figuring our logistics to get hubby ready for a huge job out west. He just found out today that he will start on Tuesday. He needs a camper to stay in, time to quickly finish up his current job, and would love to find someone to work for him while he's there. Talk about a lot going on! We are so thankful he has work, but this is not our favorite job thus far. He said it may take up to four weeks of him driving back and forth between here and there, balancing family with a huge job, to get done. I just pray it goes smoothly so it isn't extended even longer.

And lastly, my weigh in this week. Weight hasn't been a priority this week bur I managed to still lose .4 lbs. What a relief! Now that we are more settled I'm hoping to focus more on it again. Food is everything since I can't exercise much.

Here's to the weekend being busy but productive. We truly want to enjoy our lives even when things are chaotic. Its possible, right?





1 comment:

  1. Jenifer Fontenot8/15/2013

    Oh man, bummer about the foot!! I'm super jealous, I mean happy for you getting to move into your new house!! We are still waiting!!

    Love those little toothy grins!!

    ReplyDelete