8/10/2013

Things I've learned whilst packing

T-shirts with skinny jeans are just never okay. Never. Don't fear, though, I quickly changed out of that monstrosity of an outfit and got myself into a nice three quarter length shirt from Old Navy. (not a plug, just the facts.) In fact, it looks like this:


Ahh.. much better.


Having a hubby with a totally different method of packing is quite overwhelming. Yes, quite. For example, he likes to take everything out of the cabinets so they are "cleaned out"... except then the counters are full of random things and my brain is exploding. I, on the other hand, like to jump from room to room with no particular logic or order twirling around, packing one or two things at a time, and then quickly move on to the next room before anything can truly be accomplished. 

It's important to have a hubby that can do the things you can't, like take down all of the command hooks (seriously, it's like I have ten thumbs when it comes to those things). Also, a hubby that has three trailers at his disposal makes for a crowded driveway but happy movers. It's great not having to rent u-hauls.

Friends are awesome. Friends that help move are even awesomer (yeah, I said it).

Beautiful weather makes for happy movers also. When the windows can be open with a nice cool breeze coming in, I find that my attitude is more of the "whistle while you work" variety than the *!@*! variety.

Having family to watch the girls so we can actually get things done pretty much makes me walk with a skip in my step. I cannot imagine packing boxes full of breakable things with two little blondies underfoot. I'm cringing just at the thought of it.

Part two will come shortly, once we're settled (maybe someday we'll have internet at our new house? And maybe someday I'll get my head out of boxes long enough to write that post?)

Up next: Move boxes that we packed today into trailers. Then, try to sleep at night knowing that we are homeless and unable to move into the new house until the next day. Then, close on old house. Then, close on new house. Then, move in as fast as humanly possible to new house. Then, sit around awkwardly without tv or internet (the horror) instead of using the time wisely to get legit settled in the new house. It shall be interesting in the Deyle house, that's for sure.






For your convenience, you can follow Living with Intention by choosing one of these options:

1 comment:

  1. You accomplished step 1 & you'll be too busy for the internet when you're in step 2. . .OR you'll go to a coffee shop and take a much deserved break, with Audrey of course:)

    ReplyDelete