3/19/2012

Weekend Update

This weekend was so good! 

1. We spent a ton of time outside.
2. Hubby got the garage all cleaned up and ready for some serious use now that we can do outdoor things again.
3. I ran those 3.5 miles... yikes!
4. Josie battled her runny nose but still kept her smiles and giggles.
5. I went to a concert that my sister was in. She's in a barbershop quartet. I know what you are thinking, is your sister 50 years old? Nope, just 20, but she loves it! I can see why too, she's the cutest one and she got a solo (kind of two since they repeated the song later) after only being in the group for a couple of weeks. She's like a celebrity. It's true.
6. Before the concert, we braved the crazy crowds and went to Rhombus Guys, a local pizza place that my cousin's fiance` owns. We always like to go there to support them, but it helps a bunch that the food and atmosphere are both amazing! Let's just keep in mind that it was St Patty's day and the restaurant was part of the pub crawl or whatever it is. We could hardly hear each other and the place was packed, but we had an "in" since future-mother-in-law was with and had reservations. It's nice to have connections. :)
7. We went to church and met a few more people (we hardly know anybody yet unfortunately).
8. My sister and us girls went shopping at Old Navy and scored some great deals. Think yellow flip flops, polka dot bikini baby style, and a summer dress for mama. I also ordered another one online after trying on a size too big in the store. I can't wait to wear all of these dresses! It's one of my favorite parts of summer. By far. And with this year already looking to be super hot, it will help to not be wearing heavy jeans. I'm not really the biggest fan of shorts...
9. We sat out on our new patio that hubby put in last fall and just...enjoyed... it. It's going to be awesome to not have the sun in our eyes and feel the breeze on our faces. Love it!




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. unbelievably cute, I can't put it into words!! And so glad you got a sundress - will it work for weddings? jeans were too hot for me after school tonight too (I finally read the fine print so I dont have to send comments vs email)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what are your new sundresses like?  And can you send a pix of the yellow flip flops

    ReplyDelete