7/24/2013

Foster care update, lessons, confession, and 3/7

Scary thought of the day: I've started prepping for my little piano studio to start for the fall season. Fall season!! I have a new schedule and have started the process of setting up lesson times with my current students (how silly is it that my heart skips a little at the thought of seeing them again? Funny how one can love random children so so much.) and have even been contacted to start up lessons with a new student. This may seem like a no brainer, but I had no plans of adding more students and therefore more time each week to lessons this year since we are still licensed for foster care and that could happen any time. I worked semi-hard to get my name out there when I started giving lessons and got the number of students I wanted. Now that I'm not trying, I've had more than one person interested. Who knew? Word of mouth is great.

Speaking of foster care, we are in such a weird place of limbo right now. We have hardly had any calls for placements this summer, but the few we have had wouldn't work for us (too many kids that wouldn't have a bed here let alone room in our car, we're out of town when they call, etc). Now we're weeks away from moving so we don't feel right about bringing a scared child into our home that is in a chaotic upheaval. Am I being paranoid? Could a kid thrive in that environment? I just feel like it's too crazy for that. After we move, we have to have our license basically renewed or amended for our new home. There's a wee bit of pressure to get everything in place, knowing that a stranger is coming to judge if it's child-safe or not!

We've been "away" from the foster care world for a couple of months, and I have to admit, my heart doesn't feel as in it as it did when we were newly licensed, fresh off the classes, motivated and ready for any challenge. It would really rock our worlds to get a placement right now. I am in no way saying we wouldn't do it (after we move, not right this second), but it would definitely be a huge adjustment, mentally and physically. I really do wonder what God's plan is in this. Not knowing is good for us, but I have to watch myself to avoid getting anxious.


Because sometimes you just need a picture to brighten up a Wednesday morn'  post.
Confession. I threw a baby shower two weeks ago and haven't taken down the decorations. They were cute. Nothing too fancy but I loooved the pop of color with the balloons and our house is already crazy with the moving prep so who cares if there are a few balloons and banners on the walls? I may or may not look a little looney with it up all the time though...

 




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting my inspiration to post every day from Jennifer over at Conversion Diary.There are a bunch of other bloggers linking up so feel free to read those too!



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. love the look of decor hung with clothespin on a line, & can't believe balloons are still full! Yes I think it would be chaotic for a foster child at this point! Hard to imagine. And Congrats on more piano students! p.s. had to use mozilla to read/respond to blog. .

    ReplyDelete