5/13/2013

What a ride (already)

Last week, I weighed myself and found out I have lost 8.2 lbs. Today, after eating not-so-good this weekend, (but not-so-bad either) I am up 3 lbs. I take that at face value and try not to be too discouraged, but then I have go and blow today, just eating junk, way more carbs than I usually do and not eating with intention. Of course I knew I would have a day like this and should be proud that it took this long (almost two weeks) for it to happen. I went from eating like that every single day to eating great for a solid 12 days. I felt mentally weak today, though, and it was frustrating. I'm going to focus on some positives, with hope that I can kick start good habits for the rest of the week.

I've been doing awesome getting exercise while outside. Every single day, I've gone for relatively long walks with the girls. I found an awesome deal on Craigslist for a Burley jogging stroller/bike trailer a little over a week ago. It pushes much easier than any other jogging stroller, even the single strollers, and both girls fit comfortably. I will say that it helps that Josie isn't too aggressive with Audrey since they aren't separated in there. I've been pleasantly surprised with how sweet she has been to her little sister, even giving her the pacifier (although sometimes upside down) when she is fussing. 

So back to the jogging. YES, I have actually done it! I've been feeling the urge to run, which happens often, especially when the weather is nice, but haven't had the right timing or courage to try it out. I've never ran any decent amount with my weight this high so I was rather nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it, but it truly is mind over body just like I remember from before. I probably ran 1.8 miles (out of the 2.15 I did total) alternating between walking and running with running definitely dominating. That stroller is so.easy.to.push it is just ridiculous. 

Today, I went again but waited until it was 88 degrees this afternoon (what was I thinking??). It was a bit too hot for this out of shape body to run steadily, but I did power through and walked over 2 miles burning just about the same number of calories. 

My body craves it and responds positively when I push it. Why can't I remember this when I'm at my lowest (mentally)? Unfortunately, what I do remember (when at my lowest) is how sore I am after a tough run. Although my body wants it, it's not really ready for it. 

Someday, I will have a strong, healthy body. Oh, how I can't wait for that day.





Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment