4/15/2013

Buttons, new looks, weekend updates, and more

I did it. I made a blog button (such a huge deal, I know). I was bound and determined to figure out how to do it, and it only took me a few hours. Does that show you how techy I am (not)? Regardless, it's on the side of my blog and you are welcome to grab it if you would like. 

I'd absolutely love to do a button trade, so if you are interested in that, let me know please! I also have my blog list on the right side, and would love to add more to it but don't always remember to update it. Let me know if you'd like to be on that too. :) I'm always up for helping out other bloggers (even though my little blog is just that - little).

And also - did you see my new blog look? If you are reading from a reader or through your email you'll have to go to my actual blog page ... I think it's worth it though. I like it. It's nothing fancy but it fits me and isn't as wintery/dark as the last one.

We had a great weekend. We finished up the training for foster care and had dinner with friends on Saturday night. Sunday was great. After church, my sister took Josie to the circus and my parents came up to hang out with Audrey. That left hubby and I to have some free time and we spent it doing the most romantic thing we could think of... shopping! We hit up a few places we had been meaning to go and got back to the house just in time to scarf down some Italian food before my sister and parents hit the road to drive back in blizzard-like conditions(isn't it mid April?). We spent the evening playing with play dough and making rice krispie bars. It was a great day, definitely one for the books.

After church but before we went on our "date," we did a 20 minute clean up where we both just ran around putting away the random things that were homeless and cleaning random floors, toilets, and rooms. I love those short little cleaning spurts when we both motivated at the same time. It felt so good to see the weird little things get done and the house just looked more put together afterwards. I was beaming all afternoon just from that 20 minute session. It's the little things, right?

They stayed for the whole first half (pretty good for a 22 month old) and apparently she hated cotton candy but loved the pickle on a stick. I'm not even a little surprised by this.

Audrey decided to redeem herself from the previous time we were with Grammy and Bappa where she screamed almost the whole weekend prior to her magical chiropractor visit. This time around, she cooed, smiled and giggled for them for most of the afternoon, officially wrapping them around her little finger.


Twas a good weekend.




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

4 comments:

  1. Jenifer Fontenot4/15/2013

    Love the new look!! I've been itching to change mine too, but it always takes me soo long to decide on how I want it to look. Do you use free blog templates, or make your own?


    I'm grabbing your button right now!!


    Are ya'll going to be fostering? My husband and I have played around with the idea. I feel like there is a such a great need for it. We aren't necessarily wanting to get into it to adopt, but just provide a safe temporary place for a foster child in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Lopez4/15/2013

    I like the new look, did you create your own template?
    ~Mrs. Lopez of lovinglifeinpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get/see the button concept, but sounds interesting. . .and again - love the new blog colors, pix & frame. Wonder if Josie will ever talk about the circus, the pix show her totally spell-bound, which isn't surprising. Glad you had the perfect weekend! Oh yes, your house was AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete