4/15/2013

Josie says with a little bit of Josie does


Today my 21 month old decided that she was too big for plain cheerios. She took it upon herself to add her milk to the cheerios that were no longer in her bowl but were instead in her kitchen pot, the perfect size for a toddler's breakfast. She then proceeded to eat the cereal "like a big girl" and didn't even make a mess. When did she learn to do this? Grammy's. It must be at Grammy's. 


There are still toddler antics involved. She decided to "have tea" with her cereal, and chose to use the teapot's lid as an alternative to her spoon. I'm still impressed.

You will hear her say "hey dad" as casual as a teenager in passing at all times of the day. "Hey mom" is thrown in too, but that one isn't quite as teen-like. I don't know who told her that it was okay to refer to us as "mom and dad". I like the childish "mommy and daddy" but I guess she's too old for that.

Hubby's newest story: At night, right before turning out the lights but after reading a story, he prays a prayer with Josie with his hands folded and eyes closed. He's not delusional - he knows she doesn't have her eyes closed most of the time, but lately she's taken to grabbing him by the beard and pulling his face right up to hers before saying "I'm talkin' to you!" right in the middle of it. Needless to say, he has to hold back his laughter each and every time. And yes, it's happened more than once. 

She's also done this to me, but instead of grabbing my nonexistant beard, she puts both hands on my cheeks and pulls me in close. 

After church on Sunday, we were all piled in the car (including aunt Lara in the middle between the girls), and suddenly Josie started to softly sing the ABCs. She got all the way to LMNOP perfectly and then continued to loop that part over and over. We just looked at each other surprised - who knew she knew that much of it? She said each letter clear as day. She also knows the ending - "now I know my ABCs..." so we just have one small part left to learn.

She's full of surprises.




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. wow - wish I could have heard her sing that song, and isn't it funny that she starts up after church, when she wouldn't have heard it for a while? I also know that she is singing it with perfect pitch, so amazing. After hearing her say "check it out", guess I'm not surprised with the "hey mom, hey dad" terminology, but it's still funny. Trying to imagine how she reached & put together milk, cheerios and her kitchen pot is interesting, this grammy only had oatmeal as an experience. BTW, did you notice that your new wallpaper is automatically added to earlier postings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I cracked up at "I'm talkin to you!"

    ReplyDelete