11/26/2012

Thanksgiving with the Family

Thanksgiving weekend couldn't have fallen on a better week. I had so much help with both girls the week that Audrey was born, and it really helped me relax and enjoy the sweet smells and moments with a newborn. I also got to give Josie plenty of love since there were always willing hands to take the babe.

We spent it at my parents' lake with family and enjoyed the food while bundled up inside since the weather was very...wintery.

Family got to meet the baby.

My aunt Shary

Hubby was the official turkey cutter. He didn't think he did so great, but the turkey looked and tasted great so I'm not complaining!

My mom took on the task of making the whole meal. I was impressed because it seemed effortless and tasted wonderful.

Our dream came true with one long table. It was so fun to sit with everyone (kids included) and not have to be separated in different rooms. Praise the Lord for the home that allowed room for that.

Josie did awesome entertaining and playing by herself when everyone was visiting before and after the meal. I was so impressed with her!

My grandpa getting to hold his 4th great grand child. So thankful for him (and my grandma seated behind him).

My uncle Jeff who shares a birthday with miss Audrey

Perfect weekend for dozing with the (almost always) sleeping baby. We all took turns in this position.

Those pants. Too cute. They are too long so we rolled them up, but they looked so cute!! How is my baby girl already wearing 2T clothing??



We did venture outside a little on Friday to enjoy the colder weather. Jo loved being pulled on the sled all around the yard.



The house is on the top of a small hill so we can sled down on any side. My mom took her down one side and Buckley thought that it was a game he was playing too. He was all over the place and his excitement was pretty contagious.




It was a great weekend. We love it out there, even in the winter!


Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/26/2012

    Love that the hat is being put to good use! So Dang cute! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun we had! Thank You God!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avery started pushing her hair out of eyes - I'm glad because I refuse to cut bangs! Looks like you guys had a great holiday...I love that squishy little baby! 

    ReplyDelete