10/11/2012

Phase one of Nesting

I'm guessing it will come in phases, this nesting thing, but phase one has definitely hit. I've found myself putting together my birth plan and a playlist in case we have time and think of wanting music on while in labor. I've been dreaming of unpacking all of the baby stuff still tucked away (probably next week... I'm trying to pace myself). I've put together a little "light reading" for hubby that will give him some ideas on how to be my coach and big supporter while in labor. He must be feeling that nesting bug too because when I told him I had done this he didn't even blink. He just said "ok" and is ready to read it once I print it.

 I find myself thinking about this baby girl that I have yet to meet, that I can't wait to meet. I'm excited about delivery, mostly because I just can't imagine labor being worse than it was with Josie. I'm excited and hopeful (so so hopeful) to go into labor on my own and not have to be induced.

I'm dreaming about my girlS now, not just Josie's future. I think about have two girls to dress up, two girls to be my daily companions, two girls to win over daddy's heart.

I've been rearranging furniture to get the very best set up for when there is a newborn in the house. I've been working hard to keep the house at a certain standard of cleanliness so that it doesn't get overwhelming. My body even seems to be prepping more and more. I can tell she's moving her way down, since she isn't up in my ribs as much as she was this last weekend and my back pain/discomfort has shifted to hip discomfort. All of this is great! It means progress. It means she's coming. Soon.

Today, I am 36 weeks. Four weeks from now, we will have a baby girl in our arms and Josie will get to meet her sister for the first time. 



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is so exciting, I'm starting to think in terms of grand-daughter(s) now too.  Hope you found a place to put your feet up during nursing, better t.v. situation,etc.  But wondering how you can "not go so long" if they don't induce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! for four weeks left! It will be here before you know it (says the not-pregnant woman). You are doing it drug-free, right? God bless you, mama! I have huge admiration for women that can do it! 

    ReplyDelete