10/08/2012

Go team go

In our busy eventful weekend, we managed to fit in going to the NDSU Bison homecoming game. Something you should know, though - we aren't really "go to the local teams' sporting events" kind of people. Hubby happened to get tickets from someone he works with, so we thought, "Sure why not?" I do feel a little guilty because the game was sold out and I kept seeing people mention how they really wanted to go to the game but couldn't get tickets.

So glad we didn't give them ours. It turned out to be so much fun! They really put on a show now that they are big deals in the football world. (The football program has grown leaps and bounds in the last 10 years and is great for the school in general). So please enjoy this photo collage along with a few explanations found underneath.


1. I wanted one picture of us that was decent. I didn't look too closely at it after we took it and loved that hubby couldn't take his eyes off the game for even that photo.

2. See all of that yellow and green? We fit right in. Also, our seats were amazing. I mean seriously great. We sat right behind the handicap section so there was a railing in front of us and nobody to block our view since that section was down like 10 feet. We also got cushioned seats and could see all of the action as it entered the arena.

3-5. The huge helmet head is set up just for the purpose of the team running through. They also make a huge production of it (which I don't remember them doing to this extent before) and blast the music with the lights off and all of these theatrical effects. It was pretty sweet.

The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying food with friends, catching up with TWO old friends, sleeping a little, and going to church. It seemed busy but wasn't overwhelming.

I did a lot more walking than usual and felt that on Sunday morning! Then I was helping in the nursery on and that really pushed me to the point of Nap=Necessary. It's crazy to think that in just a few weeks I will be back to being just me but will also have a NEW BABY to take care of. I cannot even wait.

Off to walk some more and make some supper. Happy Monday!

"Mom, take a picture of me in this sweet hat I found" - the hat is for an infant but we went with it.

"Ok maybe its better now that my hair is out of my face"

"You have to tell me when you are taking the picture so I can smile! Ok CHEESE!"
Always a ham.



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend, can't imagine why you were so hooked on the game when it was such a blow out.  What did the band play /march to?  Love the little pumpkin pictures:)

    ReplyDelete