9/19/2012

What we've been up to

1. We moved our furniture around in our bedroom now that we finally got a bed frame. Hubby wants to make one, but there is no time so bought a cheap one that will lift up the bed off the ground and called it good. The new layout means I'll definitely need to redecorate the walls. Sister - I'm calling out for your help!! 

2. I'm dreading moving the bassinet in to our bedroom because it looks bigger and more roomy now but will look crowded and awkward when baby girl joins us. At least it's temporary...

3. I had surgery to remove some skin around a few moles that were removed. The results had come back "abnormal" which is scary but thankfully not cancerous at this point. I'm going to start going to a dermatologist soon which will hopefully reassure me.

4. I decided not to fill my prescription for the pain meds after the surgery and surprisingly the pain isn't as bad as I was expecting. Yes I'm still uncomfortable with three huge incisions (two on my upper stomach and one on my left thigh) but I was expecting it to hurt a lot more. Granted, I am still limping around awkwardly and grimacing when I bend over, but what 33 week pregnant lady doesn't?

5. Josie cut another tooth this week and was all over the place dealing with the pain. She's up to six teeth now and her smile is so different now that you can see those pretty little pearly whites.

6. I've been working on my cupcake techniques and had made a "practice batch" today to share with my in-laws since they've helped out a lot lately with watching Josie as I am am constantly at the doctor (or so it seems). I spent all of Jo's nap making them and was walking out the door with them pleased that they turned out great when the cover flipped off causing me to drop all 12 cupcakes frosting side down. Let's just say that I threw the pan down and just stood there with my mouth open for too long while Jo tried to figure out what had just happened. It was not pretty. I'm glad that happened on the "practice batch".

7. I thought that I was not addicted to evening TV but there are a lot of shows I'm excited about this Fall. Grey's Anatomy (sucked me back in at the end of last season), Parenthood, Go On, Scandal, Dancing with the Stars, Private Practice... and there is more but I am blanking out. Thankfully I'm not addicted like "can't leave my house" addicted, so I think I'll be okay.

8. I have an appointment tomorrow so I'll have a baby #2 update after. Time's flying by now...



Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment