9/17/2012

Flying time and some weekend updates

I had a "take my breath away" moment (or ten) this weekend and whoa. not ready. I can no longer claim that  baby girl #2 will be here in two months because it's less than that. No no no how did this happen so fast? On one hand I'm so excited and it's getting so real but on the other hand, we're going to have two kids, another newborn with a ton of needs and a crazy schedule, and a totally different lifestyle to get used to

I've slowly (so so slowly) been prepping here and there. I sorted Jo's old clothes (mentioned in a previous post) and finally put them away. I've ordered a car seat cover for those cold winter months which I cannot wait to show you because it's adorable. We've started trying out the tentative name we've settled on. I've even been trying to get Jo to say it and have been mildly successful. The biggest thing though? I've been trying to imagine how life will change.

Part of my problem is that I just picture another Josie. I know that isn't accurate but it's hard for my brain to imagine anything different. Yet I know she'll be so unique and probably nothing like Jo... I still tend to picture the same little baby that we had 15 months ago. And then I picture Jo now running around like a mad woman all the time and start to panic. How will I do this mother-of-two thing? 

I have so many more thoughts on this, but for now let's focus on some proof that I've been productive.

Ok well, my mom and hubby have been productive... 

Mom and Dad came to keep me company last Thursday night while hubby finished up a job out of town, and they helped me get some little but huge jobs for me done like cleaning out the veggies that were ripe from the garden. It's not all of them, but aren't they pretty? I'm currently roasting the tomatoes in the oven to freeze for this winter. Smells delicious.


We went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch on Friday and met up with hubby who had just got back in town. Can we just discuss briefly how amazing Chinese food is? We haven't had it since Father's Day and I quite frankly enjoyed myself. So did Jo since she was able to people watch to her heart's content.



Then, THEN, my hubby forced me to watch the show DC Cupcakes. Bad news, let me tell you. I now have a desperate desire to work (or own?) a cupcake shop because it looks so!much!fun! and I want to master the signature swirl. 

With this new inspiration, I made cupcakes with good friend/cousin-in-law Missy, and they tasted wonderful. Lookwise? They'd have been thrown out of Georgetown Cupcakes for sure. I probably would have gotten a stern talking to also. We have some work to do before they are perfected, but I'm excited to keep trying. Now I just need an excuse to make so many cupcakes since just making them and then eating them is not so good for this sugar-induced practically all the time preggo lady. 




I was desperate to entertain Jo this morning because she was happy and I didn't want to lose that, so Buckley had to deal with it and this is what I came up with. 


Why was I so desperate? She had a fever and was miserable all day yesterday, not eating, but sleeping a ton as the day dragged on. I felt so bad for her, but thankfully it was short lived (and pretty obviously teething related only) so life goes on as normal today.




Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. cupcakes are making me very hungry - even if it's not a slow weekend!  and yes, it's hard to believe baby is so near. . .what names are you considering:)  Great pictures, wish you could post the video of Josie.  And finally, have any teeth popped through after all that pain?

    ReplyDelete