7/09/2012

Weekend Review

The weather was perfect for being near the water and we got the opportunity to do just that both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday, we went to Family/friends (Missy - <---isn't that explanation so much easier than hubby's cousin's wife and personal friend?)  Heath and Missy's family lake place so we hubby could help start building their deck. He got to work for a solid 10 hours and we got to play in the water/sand/sun. Fair? I think so.

Except... (hate that part) Josie had a fever the entire weekend and was just not happy. She was all over the place with what she did/did not want and I spent most of my time just trying to figure it out. I also didn't pull out my camera at all because she wasn't happy anyways, so instead I bring you old pictures representing our weekend. Good enough.

This was Josie about 1/3 the time. The other 2/3 she was freaking out because she wanted me to hold her or she wanted nothing to do with the sand and water.


On Sunday, we attempted going to a nearby beach that had a sandy shore and that was a HUGE fail. I figured out later that she probably had sand-burned feet and the hot sand just hurt instead when it was supposed to be fun. My feet hurt too so I can't blame her. 

Once we got back, she was perfectly happy (a drastic change from the whole trip) sitting in the shade on the smooth deck for her little feet reading her books. Always happy to read her books.


She also had quality naps which helped everysingletime. We had a record long nap of 3 hours. THREE HOURS! Never before and probably never again, but she sure needed it. 


Thankfully she feels better today and we are back on track. 

So to sum up:

Long weekend, but beautiful weather and teething baby.





Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

2 comments:

  1. I like the shortened title! I don't feel like I am going to choke every time I say it.

    ~Missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many teeth have come through and is she still needing baby aspirin.  Adorable pics, even if they are old - too precious to omit

    ReplyDelete