5/17/2012

New Faces

One of the things I was really excited about when looking forward to staying home was connecting with other SAHM's. I had no idea how to start the "connecting" but I knew I wanted to do it!


Right away after my grand Facebook announcement, I was told about a Mom's group through our church, the church we are still relatively new at. The fact alone that I was told by about 3-4 different people impressed me and I started to get pretty excited about it.


It meets two times a month and alternates between two mom's homes. Can I just take a moment to praise God for this group? Seriously, it is such a blessing! We've had a hard time connecting with other families at our church because of Josie's nap time conflict and the general busyness of a growing church. On top of that, a lot of the families are split between the two services so you only get to meet some of them. 


I'm so excited for the opportunity to connect with other moms (most of whom stay home) and get that adult interaction. Plus look at all the new friends I'll have that are in the same place as I am in my life. That has been a bit of a struggle for me up to this point because we were the first to have a baby in our group of friends. I love my friends and never ever want to lose touch with them, but when my kid needs to be in bed by 7:30 and they want to hang out til 11, it just doesn't work.


It's so hard to bridge that gap when we're at different places at our lives. I can no longer commit to afternoons or full evenings with friends because Josie can only do something for a couple of hours at a time. I can't justify getting a babysitter every time a friend wants to double date because me staying at home has us on a tighter budget. I do have friends that just don't grasp this and it's been hard on our relationships. 


Since so many of my friends are still working full time, I have prayed (not enough, but God still heard me) that I would find ways to interact so my busy mind wouldn't be bored (I feel guilty even typing this) with Josie when she's napping or doing something that doesn't need me involved.


So far though, every single second has been great. Seriously, on the days coming up that aren't so good, I need to remember how the first couple of weeks were and focus on how good things really can be.

Want to leave a comment? Click on the title of this post and scroll to the bottom. You'll see the comment section there. Can't wait to read what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment