2/07/2012

Seven months

Happy Seven Months baby girl!


Initially I didn't think we were going to get a good picture. This is the reaction I was getting.


But she perked up after a while!


This month... this month Josie was movin and groovin all over the place. She got crawling down, sitting up on her own, and just recently started propping herself up on her knees. I would predict that by next month, she will be standing on her own easily.


She's been trying a lot of new foods as well. Variety of veggies including peas, beans, carrots, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, and corn. Fruit includes pears, bananas (so. many. bananas.), and peaches. She is still loving her puffs and they work great as a distraction in almost every single situation.


She has been sleeping ok although we never did get back to sleeping through the night. Our routine works great with one of us putting her to bed (no matter how many times it takes going in and out of her room) and the other parent getting up in the night (no matter how many times she's up).


She's really reduced how much milk she drinks and she's slowed down a bit with growing now that she's moving so much. She really does have quite the appetite though so we aren't worried about it!


I'm thinking we are going to skip the bangs stage with her hair which means that she has hair in her face about 90 percent of the time. I put it in pigtails or ponytails almost every day and she sits still so good in her high chair until she's looking just perfect! I hope this lasts... I'm working on a braid but it's so soft and slippery...maybe next month.


She spent the last half of the month being sick with a cold, so we are practically counting down the days til she's her goofy smiley self again. The cough isn't going away so she might be visiting the doctor soon.


We traveled to the cities (3 1/2 hours straight driving) without a hitch which shocked us all. She's been a lot better chilling in her car seat lately. Such a relief after the screams she used to give us even with just a short five minute drive. Lately she even gives us some chatter while in her car seat; totally melts my heart!


This month flew by and this is the best winter we've ever had hands down. The weather helps, but she just brightens every day (no matter how cheesy it sounds).


She's done, so I am too.

Love you little Josie Grace!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair!! Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! Me too - it's so fun to play with and she LETS me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily Babiak2/07/2012

    Can't believe she's already 7 months old! I love the fabrics you use for her photo shoots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute!  And my goodness, her hair is so long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you caught her not feeling good, even those pictures are precious, those big eyes all blurry. . .and I love the bare toes and little thunder thighs.  When she "plays" with things, she examines and concentrates so closely that it is almost work.  Your pictures captured that.  I can't believe that she sits still for ponytails, what fun for you.  She's just adorable.

    ReplyDelete