12/29/2011

Christmas part 3

Once the kid(s?) were in bed, the real party started. 


To be fair, she (my sister Lara) had surgery last week so laying on the floor was a valid option almost all weekend. Nobody even made fun of her more than 2 times each. Impressive. 

We played the game "Ruckus" which was fun. Two reasons: one, Ruckus is the name of Buckley when we first got him, but it didn't really fit... so we liked to yell it out and see his reaction. He on the other hand did not think it was so fun. And two, its super easy and each round only lasts 4 minutes or less. Perfect for those of us that can't handle true concentration.


Once those silly kids arrived (who has to work 60 hours a week and not get off til 6:30 on Christmas eve? Answer: Jewelry store consultants.) we got down to business and opened the presents. I show you these pictures with a word of caution. There is a lot of chaos, and your eyes may not know where to focus. Just note that the point of the pictures is the chaos. :)

Cousin-in-law-to-be Arron, sister Lara, aunt Lynne, dad Paul


continuing around the room: cousin Lindsay (usually quite a bit happier than this?), uncle Mike, mom Laurie, hubby Mike

Controlled chaos

Its getting crazy...

Crazier...crazier...

Paper, bows, boxes, and bags everywhere. She got the most gifts (deserved. Usually she gets jipped and she's the best gma/ma/wife there is) so she couldn't move from this spot for a solid 2 hours. 
Oh man was it fun! Here are some highlights:


  • I got a Garmin Forerunner 205 from my parents and declared it the best gift ever. 
  • My mom had to open two gifts for every one that we opened. I also secretly skipped my turn a couple of times to let her catch up. (We open gifts one at at time so we can enjoy each other's gifts as well)
  • The true winner for best gift(s) ever was the thick socks that my aunt got for the men. Ohmygoodness why these were such a hit nobody knows, but they practically fought over them and were all grinning ear to ear after opening them. Good job Aunt Lynne! 
  • What did my cousin get from her fiance? Good question! The answer may shock you like it did to all of us. He got her these A-maz-ing platform peep toe zebra print shoes that fit perfectly. Who does that successfully?? They looked kind of like this but better.:  

  • The best present for me was the Motorola tablet Mike got me. Like previously mentioned, I wanted a Nook super duper bad, but this is the clearly best alternative. Sidenote: how do you get library books on the Nook app? I figured it out on kindle but I don't really like the whole pay-for-it thing... if I only want to read it once, I certainly don't want to pay for it! 
  • The wine, the company, the whole weekend. It was wonderful. 
On to the next thing. Birthdays! Food! Working out! Crawling, teething, and sitting up on your own (do you do that already? Josie's jealous). It's going to be a busy couple of weeks. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/30/2011

    Rejection - I hate it, as does anyone, you are fortunate that you have so much non-rejection, is that called acceptance? I am positive there is a great reason why you didn't get it and there is something much better for you. If nothing else, just more time and less stress to enjoy our precious kopke:) Your pictures are a priceless record of our Christmas and slo how we decorated before the remodel. So good to catch up.
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete