10/27/2011

the good old days

I've come to the realization that when I look back on my life and think of the good old days, I will be thinking about right now. How corny is that? Oh but it is true. I was told at work by my boss that I had a refreshing new attitude since I have been back at work. My first instinct was to reassure her that it wasn't going to go away because that is what you tell your boss...that you are always going to be wonderful and perfect. But then I realized that my actions will show my coworkers that my "new attitude'' is here to stay. Honestly, I feel almost like a different person.

My life is so good. I'm truly so happy. I'm making changes to be healthier and it makes me grin. Weird, right? But I find myself truly excited at random points of the day about the smallest thing, like that there is room in my eating schedule for a treat, or that it's 3:00 already and the afternoon staff is there, or that I get to drink my cup of coffee with my favorite creamer (which I do every single day, why does it make me so happy??). I love that the little things add such joy.

Today was day 4 of the start of my Weight Watchers journey. Lets just call it a journey since its going to take a super long time for me to reach my goal, and I'm ready to take it on. I feel better already (I knew I would) and I feel like its going to be more of a fun thing sometimes than a burden. I say sometimes because I have some awful habits (awful!) and they will. not. be. easy. to break.

Josie is the funnest right now. She's moving more and more. She's smiling and laughing all the time. She's playing with anything in sight and always grabbing at new things. Its fascinating to watch her learn and see how quickly she adapts to changes and new discoveries.

Ah! I love it. Life. God, You are so so so good.

Just my monthly "I'm so blessed" post. Thanks for reading (if you still are :)...) (Seems monthly doesn't it? A much needed improvement from my grumpy old self of 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment