2/22/2016

Productivity wins


What a day! Since I'm at home all week, I generally try to do the cleaning on weekdays and leave the weekends for family time. It's a huge thing, to have the whole weekend free to just be together. Of course, most weekends we have something going on or have a project in the works so we don't just have tons of time, but generally we get a lot of quality time together. You know the saying, "quality over quantity?" Well that's the goal. Hubby works a lot during the week, usually 10-13 hour days. He really makes an effort to be home for supper (usually pretty late) and bedtime (his time with the girls, I usually try not to get in the way). He tries to keep the weekends work-free as much as possible, and so far that has made for a good balance between owning a business that requires a lot of man hours and family time. 

All that to say, I spent the whole afternoon and evening cleaning and working. It was strange! It also made me grateful that we can do things the way we usually do them. I hated spending the whole day cleaning instead of just hanging out with the girls and hubby, yet I was also able to appreciate the actual act of cleaning the place up thoroughly with the help of another adult. (because kids under five are not truly helpful, amen?) 

So, I made a To Do list and went to work. Rarely am I able to get it all done (never, if we're being honest) and this time I was proud of my results. The bathrooms would have had to be redone if I had done them on Sunday since we are hosting two things on Tuesday and clean bathrooms the day is obviously a requirement. Returning something meant leaving the house and that just wasn't happening, so I didn't mind leaving that on the list. So - success! It felt so good!

Don't be deceived. Cleaning the playroom and mopping the floors are huge things that are always working against me, so getting them both done in one day meant that I was truly hustling. 



On top of the listed chores, I also went to town wiping down walls, doors, trim, and railings. Finger marks are abundant in a house with little children. I got more laundry done than planned, and dealt with a crabby baby throughout most of it. Teething is winning with the little lady, but more of that later.

Repost from instagram, but this clean kitchen makes a mama happy

And finally, I got to work in the office and  actually got completely caught up. That hasn't happened since before Amelia was born. I have been perpetually one or two months behind all year, and on top of the monthly things I have to do, I also had a list of things that should just be done because it's a hot mess in there. All of those things are done! It's like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, and I can breathe again. I also picked up all the junk craft stuff on the floor that had been slowly taking over, and now the room itself is much less embarrassing to show people. That's what counts, right? 

Okay, enough bragging of my amazing cleaning and working abilities...

I really got crazy, decorating the calculator and everything.

It was a productive weekend, to be sure. If you made it this far, then you are rewarded with a blurry picture of a just-waking baby. I had hoped to get a shot of her sleeping with her sweet little arms behind her head, but some sister somewhere screamed and woke her up. (Always.) So, like mentioned earlier, this girl is teething and it's painful for all of us. Can't she just get them all and be done with it? It seems never ending. 


We have a busy week full of activities (some at our house, hence the cleaning that was much needed). Here's to good health and plenty of rest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment