10/09/2015

Zoo trip


A few weeks ago, a small group of friends joined us at the Chahinkapa Zoo in Wahpeton. Although I grew up there, it has changed a lot since I visited last and it was fun to share in it with my girls. The weather was perfect and the girls were all in a great mood.



Every time I asked the girls to pose for a picture, Josie would immediately start jumping up and down; whether it was excitement or her usual goofiness, I'm not sure. It represents this stage of her life well.



More jumping...






Amelia fell asleep in her carseat at the zoo, which marked the beginning of her carseat/stroller sleeping stage of life and I love it. It's really helped out our morning routines when we leave the house. Three cheers for flexibility!




Our friends headed back home, but we decided to go back to the park to burn off a bit more energy and wait for Grammy and Papa to have a free spot in their schedule. I'm glad we did, because we ended up exploring the beautiful park, having quiet time at their apartment, and eating supper with them before going home.



The girls got to visit the spot where hubby proposed to me. They may not understand what that means, but they understood that it was important to me. It's beautiful, isn't it?




I'm thankful that my girls are used to being flexible and that we all can handle and enjoy these longer day trips. It's something I don't take for granted as stay at home mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment