10/25/2015

Family photo outtakes and a wedding

We rounded out the our wedding season with a trip to the twin cities for my cousin Aaron's wedding celebration. We were on the road by 7:30 AM, hoping that we'd get there with enough time to eat, burn off some overdue energy (strapped in car seats all morning... yikes) and get ready for the wedding that was at 2:00. It all worked according to plan!

Part of that was because the wedding took place at the hotel, just outside. GORGEOUS venue, by the way. I had a feeling it would be beautiful so I brought my fancy camera and I'm so glad I did. While we didn't use any of the pictures at this venue for our Christmas card, we did end up using a picture taken the next day at my aunt's house. It was nice to have a few more quality pictures, as my phone camera quality has been plummeting lately. 



Having the wedding basically at the hotel was just awesome. We were able to slip down to the wedding just before it started (definitely thought we would be late but we made it just in time), and I was able to go back to the room, feed Millie, make a phone call in the quiet, grab the stroller, and get Millie situated for a nap in it as I walked back down. Of course, after the wedding, we just had to go upstairs! Everything was a little earlier (ceremony, reception, dance, etc) since there were a lot of weddings that day, so we were in bed with the kids sleeping by 9:30. It made for a much less stressful weekend all around. I didn't think I'd like it, but at this stage with little kids, I love the earlier schedule. Who needs to wait til dark to start the party? Not I.




While this side of my family definitely share a strong resemblance, these two have always been especially similar. (My sister and aunt Laurel)

Always missing my Grandma (can't believe it's been 10 years since she passed away already)

sisters

Enjoying the freedom of family and friends playing with the big girls

Hubby's expression looks somewhat strange, but Amelia's outfit is on point

Our view at the table - my cousins Katie, Ben, and Mallory

Here are the failed attempts at a family picture for Christmas cards. They turned out okay, but were too grainy to zoom in and none of them were just right.










The next morning, we ate breakfast in the continental breakfast room/restaurant area and then had a generally peaceful morning lounging in our room and driving to my aunt Lisa's house. Auntie Laurel had gotten the kids gifts, and they were thoughtful and personal for each kid which meant that they loved them and were busy playing the whole time we were there. Perfect.

The fun thing about a young aunt is that she will play with you with her whole heart, especially with the Elsa and Anna barbies.

Like I said earlier, we took our family pictures here, and while I won't share those now (you have to wait for those!), I will share this shot we have with my parents and sister snuck in the back. Can I just say a thank you to them for helping with the girls so much and making it an all around peaceful, fun weekend? (Probably didn't feel peaceful to them, but it was like a mini vacation for hubby and I!)




Here's Auntie Laurel with the girls. Why won't they smile like this when we're trying for a family shot?
 

My dad and one of his sisters, Auntie Laurel

And, I should mention that my aunt Lisa has a trampoline. The girls have never been on a full size trampoline and Josie could not get enough. Audrey was a little over Josie's enthusiasm so she only lasted about five minutes. Josie, on the other hand, could have stayed on it all day. 








1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10/25/2015

    What a fun time, hope Jackson's grandma sees the pix of him. Such fond memories!

    ReplyDelete