10/08/2014

Baby #3 - 23 weeks

How far along: 23 weeks

How big is baby: Just over a pound and about 11 inches long (large mango)


Weight gain/loss: Not sure, but I'm feeling huge. See comparison pictures below...

Maternity clothes: Pretty much all the time

Stretch marks: No new ones, thankfully.

Sleep: Terrible, terrible dreams. Vivid dreams of hubby leaving me (different circumstances every time), something being wrong with one of the girls, being in serious danger and having to put myself in terrible situations to solve the problem... Thankfully the last few days have been better which  means my sleep is a lot deeper and I'm not exhausted all the time. I so hope we are past the dreams stage because I can't handle being so tired from lack of sleep. It's just been intense. 

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: Sweets have been my friend too much lately. Still loving ice water and coffee is amazing.

Exercise:  I've been doing stretching and flexibility pilates to help with lower back pain that has been pretty bad. It's almost to the exact same week as my pregnancy with Audrey. My hips are stretching and are constantly getting out of alignment and then my back freaks out in response. Thankfully, my dear physical therapist friend (who explained to me why my back gets so sore - makes way more sense now!) has adjusted me a few times and it has helped. The stretching and elbow-to-the-back back rubs help a lot too. Mostly, I just have to take it easy as the day goes on. I can really tell when I've over done it.

Also, for exercise, I have been working in the garden getting it cleaned up. Not alone, thankfully as that would be completely overwhelming! Harvesting that beast (the garden) is almost done and I am quite happy about that. I keep telling myself that while I will have a little baby next year, I won't be pregnant and will have more energy when it is time to harvest it.

Gender: Girl!

Movement: Very often, almost every hour or two. Hubby got to feel movement this week! I'm certain that is the earliest he has felt it. Just this week, she has moved and kicked enough to make me feel like I'm going to pee my pants. We're getting to THAT stage. :)

The belly: Very round, feeling large

What I'm loving: The girls love all things baby and cannot get enough of their new baby cousin, Clara. It's fun watching them love on her knowing that soon it'll be their very own sister they are loving.

What I miss: Life without back pain. Good, deep sleep.

Symptoms: Lower back pain, vivid dreams, always thirsty

The nursery: Ideas are swirling in my head but none have come into fruition yet. Hopefully soon.

What's different/the same this time: With the dreams, I've been more tired. That's about it.

Best moment of the week: Hubby feeling little girl kick. It was fun to see him connect with her so soon.

Last appointment details: Nothing new, no appointment for 5 more weeks.





Baby #3, pregnant with Audrey, pregnant with Josie


Isn't it amazing how much rounder my belly is this time? Looking more like Josie's pregnancy than Audrey's but thankfully I'm feeling a lot less swollen and miserable than I did that first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment