5/13/2014

Girls weekend at the lake

The girls and I got to go to the lake this weekend and it turned out perfectly because my sister and mom were also there. Did you catch that? No men! A true girls' weekend. We were a bit pumped up for this since it never happens. It did not disappoint either. It was truly fun.

The weather was perfect. It was windy but not to the point where we couldn't enjoy the sunshine and general outdoors. The little girls were just itching to be outside. We hiked, played on the swingset, went for walks, and rode bike (minimally). They just couldn't get enough.

A chair just her size!

"Can I pick it??" Please do, sweetie. Pick all the weeds you want!

My dad put up a fence of sticks to keep the kiddos protected from a bunch of barbed wire that was left in their yard years ago. I think it looks pretty sweet!

We also went to town to see Great Grandma (we try to go visit her every time we go to the lake). I wanted pictures of the girls with my grandma so much but they were being shy and wouldn't sit on her lap long enough to get pictures. I'm stubborn, though, so I did get a few. Their shyness just showed me that we need to see Great Grandma more often. She's really the sweetest lady. No need to be shy, little ladies!

Books are always great motivation to try something new.

Mostly I just love that I am figuring out how to get the aperture juuust right for this blurry background effect.




"What happened?"

My lovely mama and her lovely mama




They could do this for hours. Good thing its only about 50 steps from the house instead of half a mile away like the closet park!

Everybody look to the right...
Everybody look to the left... (the rock couch)

Usually there are too many weeds/plants to get to this tree, so we took advantage of the cold weather and climbed up and down over and over again.


Does Audrey look like she's doubled in age? Man, she's growing up too fast.

We came back late on Saturday night for church and some time with hubby on Sunday. We finished the weekend with some time with hubby's family. It was honestly the perfect Mother's day. To celebrate, the girls picked daisies from their grandma's garden, Josie drew me a pictures in Sunday school, hubby got me salted chocolate bars, and my sister and I got pedicures (gel polish - new to me but I can see why everyone loves it). Seriously, does it get better than that?? I just looove this little family of mine. 


Hand picked just for me. :)



Well, at least we're all looking!

2 comments:

  1. I just love the pix with the trees budding out, and it's such a different perspective to see the "pasture" without the layer of greenery. It's a cool documentation of this time of year, amid the adorable pictures of everyone, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EmilyBabiak5/16/2014

    Happy Mother's Day!! Love the photos of the girls outside in their denim!

    ReplyDelete